Slight Noise when braking

Brizzle

Noticed a slight noise when braking, can’t hear it from inside but if you have windows down and braking can hear a sort of tapping, clipping noise 

Now took it to the garage today as it’s under warranty and they say it’s the fly wheel, but do autos have one, though they just had a plate 

Garage have said new one fitted about £1000, but didn’t realise it was in warranty still, so have asked me to bring it back next week when their head machinic is in

Just hope if it is that they honer their warranty, if that really is the issue 

5 hours ago, Brizzle said:

Noticed a slight noise when braking, can’t hear it from inside but if you have windows down and braking can hear a sort of tapping, clipping noise 

Now took it to the garage today as it’s under warranty and they say it’s the fly wheel, but do autos have one, though they just had a plate 

Garage have said new one fitted about £1000, but didn’t realise it was in warranty still, so have asked me to bring it back next week when their head machinic is in

Hi automatic DSG type boxes have a DMF, they have to or the torque would tear the gearbox to pieces as well as that a lot of them have two clutches a conventional dry unit plus a wet unit in oil.

Steve.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:37 PM, Brizzle said:

The Multitronic transmission is a CVT type and I believe it has a dual mass flywheel. I think the part itself is about £500. 

It kind of seems from you you say is that before realising it was under warranty they were happy to take £1,000 off you without the head mechanic being involved? 

10 hours ago, ninjag said:

The Multitronic transmission is a CVT type and I believe it has a dual mass flywheel. I think the part itself is about £500. 

It kind of seems from you you say is that before realising it was under warranty they were happy to take £1,000 off you without the head mechanic being involved? 

Would seem so 

Can someone tell me if the flywheel would make a noise when engine is warm and you brake, doesn’t seem to do it when cold

Its going back in garage Thursday