Q7 / SQ7 Matrix LED

Benski

Hi,

Recently bought a 2022 SQ7 Vorsprung which, due to the chip shortages, has had the headlights changed from Matrix Laserlights to standard LEDs.

Anyone know if it’s possible to retrofit these? Can live without the laserlight side and just go for the Matrix LEDs. Hundreds of Q7s and SQ7s have them, though I think only Vorsprungs got the laser ones. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...

I think it’s a shocking move by audi. Our friends have a 22 plate exactly the same sline black edition and came with matrix headlights. I’m soo annoyed that it hasn’t got them. We traded our q8 in as the pan roof was defective leaking water.

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2022 at 2:12 PM, Audi Lover Ash said:

Will find out tomorrow what’s happening I’ll update you 

Hi, would be very interested to hear whether you were successful, as I too have a 22 plate vorsprung sq7 without matrix headlights 🙄

So audi are saying the notice went out in feb 18th 22 about Q7 models not having them fitted due too cutting back on semi conductors. Our car was ordered March 3rd 22. No one told us the change. The cutback is to build other cars. My argument was my car was 70k but you can buy a q3 half the price and they come with matrix led. Also it’s a s line black edition comfort and sound so should come with them. They also cut the wireless chargers under the armrest. We also paid extra for puddle lights (audi rings) they didn’t arrive either. Still waiting. I know people who have had comfort and sound and they haven’t had parking sensors but charged full price. Something happening with audi and not for the better.

I wasn’t told until July/August and my dealer said it was because they only dealt with orders as they got closer to delivery.

Absolute !Removed! show of a decision and the service and attitude (from Audi) was shocking, take it or leave it was basically it. That’s me done with the brand.

I’m on the edge of ordering a SQ7 BE for the past few months, I have just noticed that the Matrix LED are now back on the Audi online configurator. Anyone can confirm wether Audi are starting to putting them back on?

I ordered my SQ7 Vorsprung in Jan 22 and configured it with Matrix LED lights. But I had a call from the dealer in April saying that they're not available anymore and left me with no option but to have standard headlights. 

So it might be worth checking with a dealer or Audi that they are definitely available again, don't just go by the configurator. 

2 minutes ago, Benski said:

Not checked with a dealer but I saw that the other day on the configurator. Still no phone box but Matrix back on all and lasers on Vorsprung.

I’m not too fussed about the wireless charging as I use phone cases and never used it on my previous ‘21 Q7 50TDI.

Only thing holding me back from ordering is the absolutely pants finance rates at 10.4% Apr.

14 minutes ago, SB1503 said:

I ordered my SQ7 Vorsprung in Jan 22 and configured it with Matrix LED lights. But I had a call from the dealer in April saying that they're not available anymore and left me with no option but to have standard headlights. 

So it might be worth checking with a dealer or Audi that they are definitely available again, don't just go by the configurator. 

Yeah but they took them off the configurator for about 6-7 months. As you say, would always check with the dealer what you’re ordering and you’ll get a spec when you do, but all signs point to them being available again.

12 minutes ago, Benski said:

Couldn’t agree more, mine was at 5.9!

Have you got as far as prices with a dealer? What discount are they offering? 

Yes, got a price of around £13K off on a SQ7 BE C&S from the dealer who I bought the 50TDI off back in Jan 2021. It was at 4.8% back then!

Correct that the Matrix and Laser LED was off the configurator for the best part of last year, It was only back on towards the Christmas and got me thinking again.

If I decided to cave in on the rates and order, will get the dealer to put it in writing Matrix LEDs will be fitted or I’ll just walk away when it arrives.

22 hours ago, Audi Lover Ash said:

You know what’s most frustrating. I rang audi uk and they putting them back on this year. Think I’m gonna trade mine in. There’s a company called hazzzy dayz who can do it but for around 6k

I’d just trade it in for a new one rather than spending the 6k or whatever the cost to get them fitted.

Not sure if you are on the Q7 Facebook page or not, but Andy from Audi Upgrades might be able to get the Matrix LEDs retrofitted. 

He does all sort of retrofits to Audis to a very high standard.

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 5:35 PM, AlanS said:

I’m on the edge of ordering a SQ7 BE for the past few months, I have just noticed that the Matrix LED are now back on the Audi online configurator. Anyone can confirm wether Audi are starting to putting them back on?

Hi took delivery of a black edition SQ7 April 2023 can confirm Matrix LED are included 

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Hi took delivery of a black edition SQ7 April 2023 can confirm Matrix LED are included 

Thanks for confirming this, very happy to hear this! Any photos of the car? 
mine is due end of September.