Audi B8 A4 Clutch bite too high

Shazer_B8

Hi, I own a 2010 Audi A4 B8. I just recently got a new Sachs clutch and flywheel fitted, I’ve driven 300km on it and for some reason my clutch biting point is literally near the top literally where I take my foot off. Is this normal for this Audi model ?. I was told by friends who own A4’s also that I should bleed my clutch line but I’m not sure if that’ll help. I’m just getting frustrated now and overthinking it.
Diagram example

<-0%————100%— > so 100% is where it would bite. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks. 

Hello Abhishek,

We need input from forum members who have the same model year, but it doesn’t sound to be as it should be, to me. It sounds  as if you have had the ‘full’ clutch kit fitted - using a good quality brand. 
A couple of points:- can we take it as read that the release bearing was changed -? 
I guess the car was originally fitted with a dual mass flywheel, and this was replaced like for like, rather than fitting a solid flywheel (if possible). 
Did you supply the kit, or was it supplied by the garage who fitted it? 
Bleeding? The presence of air in the system is likely to cause the pedal to feel slack and the biting point to be nearer the floor, so highly unlikely to be that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Abhishek,

We need input from forum members who have the same model year, but it doesn’t sound to be as it should be, to me. It sounds  as if you have had the ‘full’ clutch kit fitted - using a good quality brand. 
A couple of points:- can we take it as read that the release bearing was changed -? 
I guess the car was originally fitted with a dual mass flywheel, and this was replaced like for like, rather than fitting a solid flywheel (if possible). 
Did you supply the kit, or was it supplied by the garage who fitted it? 
Bleeding? The presence of air in the system is likely to cause the pedal to feel slack and the biting point to be nearer the floor, so highly unlikely to be that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, so yes I bought a 4 piece dual mass flywheel and clutch kit (clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing, dual mass flywheel). I also supplied the kit for the garage to fit, the car was originally fitted with a dual mass so I replaced it like for like. I’m just not sure if previously the car had a Sachs kit or LUK in it. I haven’t driven or like raced the car in any way, I’ve just done city driving and motorway driving and not at excessive speeds either. 
Also the Audi A4 is tuned(remapped) to 180bhp 400NM torque from original of 120bhp 290NM torque. But when buying the clutch the company that sold the clutch told me this clutch would also fit the standard 170bhp S-Line models. 

Many thanks for the additional information Abhishek, and it sounds as if you have done everything correctly. Sachs and LUK are associated companies and well respected as suppliers of aftermarket clutch kits. 
You say the car has been mapped (quite considerably?) and your parts supplier confirmed the kit was correct, but I wonder if you confirmed fitment with LUK/Sachs Technical, and if not, it might now be worth checking that with them. 
What we don’t know is whether the clutch operation was similar to this before it was replaced, and how long you’ve owned it to gain the experience of what was wrong with it. 
My progressive step would be to first check with LUK, and take your actions based on the facts you gain there. 

Buying the parts yourself can be a worthwhile way of doing it ( and I do it) but the downside is that the fitter can dismiss any responsibility in terms of the correct parts. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.