an update on my A6

Tony Barnes

not a moan, just what i have done this week.

it's on it's 3rd parking sensor module, first one didn't work so i took the nubers off it and bought a second hand one, that one didn't work was for an auto estate with towing pack, bought a brand new one from Audi using the part number from my original fitted one, still didn't work, contacted Volkstech in Maltby near me, told them the story and they told me that the module was the wrong module, seems the owner before me just bought any old module and fitted it, took it down to them today, they have managed to get my new module working with heads up display for rear parking sensor but unfortunatley can't get the front ones working as the module i have is a 4 port module and mine needs a 5 port module, so i have ordered yet another new one with the correct part number and hopefully that will sort that problem. (no Audi would not take the new one back i bought from them as i told them the part number)

have taken it to be re gassed on the aircon today only to be told that my condenser has stopped working, so now i need to get that sorted.

https://www.volkstechltd.co.uk/

Edited by Tony Barnes
add detail
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

not a moan, just what i have done this week.

it's on it's 3rd parking sensor module, first one didn't work so i took the nubers off it and bought a second hand one, that one didn't work was for an auto estate with towing pack, bought a brand new one from Audi using the part number from my original fitted one, still didn't work, contacted Volkstech in Maltby near me, told them the story and they told me that the module was the wrong module, seems the owner before me just bought any old module and fitted it, took it down to them today, they have managed to get my new module working with heads up display for rear parking sensor but unfortunatley can't get the front ones working as the module i have is a 4 port module and mine needs a 5 port module, so i have ordered yet another new one with the correct part number and hopefully that will sort that problem. (no Audi would not take the new one back i bought from them as i told them the part number)

have taken it to be re gassed on the aircon today only to be told that my condenser has stopped working, so now i need to get that sorted.

https://www.volkstechltd.co.uk/

That's the only way to do it, one fault at a time