tailgate malfunction

ted cummins

Hello Ted,

Thanks for joining and posting your plea. 
I’m not sure of the exact operation, but a good starting point would be to check for a broken wire within the flexible harness section which links the car body to the tailgate. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth

Since joining today and entering my car problem, this morning i raised the bonnet to check the oil. On closing it the car would not lock so i left it. We went out for lunch. On arrival and to my amazement i  opened the boot with the key fob. There must be a sequence delay after opening and closing the bonnet. Will let you know if this recovery is short lived . As a bit of extra info the car is 8 years old with just 13500 genuine miles on the clock

Ted Cummins

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:21 PM, ted cummins said:

Thanks Gareth

Since joining today and entering my car problem, this morning i raised the bonnet to check the oil. On closing it the car would not lock so i left it. We went out for lunch. On arrival and to my amazement i  opened the boot with the key fob. There must be a sequence delay after opening and closing the bonnet. Will let you know if this recovery is short lived . As a bit of extra info the car is 8 years old with just 13500 genuine miles on the clock

Ted Cummins

Glad it's sorted for now.  Might have worth getting a diagnostic check to see if there's any faults linked to the central locking system.