2016 A6 s-line black edition

Mtqn

Hey all

Picking up my 2016 black edition s-line on 74000 on Wednesday. 

I’ve got the “buying new car feeling” so wanted to post in a forum and see what’s out there with other Audi owners. 

Any wise words on things I need to look out for when checking the car and on a test drive? I’m from london so I’m travelling to Manchester on Wednesday to collect the car. 

car looks amazing but it needs to be in amazing condition all round. 

Thanks guys,

Mo

Hello Mo,

Sounds good. I take it you have already carried out the available online searches such as MOT history, and the DVLA vehicle check that tells you when the last V5 was issued - to give you a better idea of when the car last changed hands. Short ownership can be suspicious. 
Also that you have requested/obtained copy of the computer recorded service history, which should be available via. your nearest Audi dealer - VIN might be required to obtain that, but seller should provide the VIN. Personally, I would not be accepting the sellers statement of ‘full service history’ without written proof. 
Simple indications of careful ownership will be matching tyres at least on the same axle. There is obviously far far more, so unless you are confident in your own ability to thoroughly check the car before purchase, then it would be advisable to invest in a professional inspection. 
Warranty? London to Manchester will render it impractical to return the car to the seller for any corrective work, so worth checking that the work can be carried out in your locality. 
Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 weeks later...