B9 Bonnet Respray

tillen49

Having to replace my bonnet with one from a breakers, will need a full respray to match my colour, does anyone know how much this should roughly cost? I've been quoted £500 which I thought was quite steep?

Hello Matt,

Thanks for joining. I’m sure that you will appreciate that one quote is not enough.

If you have a scan through a couple of my posts over the last  week? you will find suggestions for probably competitive bodywork sources in your (any) area.

£500 expensive ?? You don’t tell us whether this is preparing, spraying and fitting, so what exactly are you getting done for that? 
I have a ball park figure of around £300 per panel, so based on your bonnet needing painting inside and out it seems there or thereabouts to me, but the answer is your hands to search best quality work at best price - in your area. 
Let us know what you are getting done for your quote. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

10 hours ago, tillen49 said:

Having to replace my bonnet with one from a breakers, will need a full respray to match my colour, does anyone know how much this should roughly cost? I've been quoted £500 which I thought was quite steep?

Hi its not that steep when you consider it will have to be sprayed fitted and then blended in to the wings and any other associated panel, if you just spray the bonnet and don't blend it in after which they will have to mop it to make even the difference in the worn paint and new will stand out like a Bulldogs ghoulies.

Steve.

• Like 1