Anybody used aftermarket warrenty

Pappa583

Just bought a q7 2016 3ltr tdi sline with 34k miles. Has a few nice additional factory extras and we'll impressed so far 👍 

Just getting a feel for these cars as I know they cost a fortune if the major failures crop up. Little things which i hope are all I get I can live with paying for. 

Was looking to get an aftermarket extended warrenty but these cost thousands for a few years, makes the car so much more expensive to own and do we really need them?

Know its a gamble but majority of people who take the warrenty mustn't use them or the companies would be out if buisness. Seems like more and more of these are appearing so must be a lucrative insurance and is it really worth paying £2.5k for something you might use to cover a £500 repair. We are good at commenting on failures and costs but how many have owned these cars with only minor issues? 

Whos q7 has cost more than £2.5 in a single repair. 

Just interesting to know

10 hours ago, Pappa583 said:

Just bought a q7 2016 3ltr tdi sline with 34k miles. Has a few nice additional factory extras and we'll impressed so far 👍 

Just getting a feel for these cars as I know they cost a fortune if the major failures crop up. Little things which i hope are all I get I can live with paying for. 

Was looking to get an aftermarket extended warrenty but these cost thousands for a few years, makes the car so much more expensive to own and do we really need them?

Know its a gamble but majority of people who take the warrenty mustn't use them or the companies would be out if buisness. Seems like more and more of these are appearing so must be a lucrative insurance and is it really worth paying £2.5k for something you might use to cover a £500 repair. We are good at commenting on failures and costs but how many have owned these cars with only minor issues? 

Whos q7 has cost more than £2.5 in a single repair. 

Just interesting to know

Hi as its a Q7 I would be looking at what the warranty covers in detail judging by most of the posts on the Q7 forum it may well be the best £2.5 you ever spend.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello Paul,

The small print exclusions is where your homework needs to be done with warranties. A lot of money to spend to find ‘ wear and tear’ etc. isn’t covered. 
Perhaps someone will come along with some recommendations for you. 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

12 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Paul,

The small print exclusions is where your homework needs to be done with warranties. A lot of money to spend to find ‘ wear and tear’ etc. isn’t covered. 
Perhaps someone will come along with some recommendations for you. 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, that's the hope, was hoping majority of q7 owners have had little or no bother. But as you say it's an expensive mistake if the exclusions don't cover the Important things. But also could be an expensive mistake not getting the right cover... if the right cover exists? Depends which reviews you read whether they've paid out or just found an excuse not to 😱

Hello Paul,

In my book - You cannot just read the reviews and simply act on those. If I was in your situation, I would use these reviews to select say the 3 that you think would most interest you, and request copies of the ‘agreements’ and go through these with a tooth comb. 
Laborious task? Yes, but it’s a lot a money to spend and be disappointed. 
Reviews might be a good starting point, but not a finishing point.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

33 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Paul,

In my book - You cannot just read the reviews and simply act on those. If I was in your situation, I would use these reviews to select say the 3 that you think would most interest you, and request copies of the ‘agreements’ and go through these with a tooth comb. 
Laborious task? Yes, but it’s a lot a money to spend and be disappointed. 
Reviews might be a good starting point, but not a finishing point.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Couldn't agree more Gareth, the cheaper quoted ones seem to cover the things that probably won't fail. My concern is the mmi as it seems to do pretty much everything incl air suspension and  drive mode select? Some only cover up to £500 towards which I can imagine won't cover much of the repair/replacement cost.

Would have thought if these q7s were as unreliable and costly as the scarey stories portray them to be I would have already had replies of horror stories and advice to get covered asap. 

Most expensive warrenty does seem to cover everything but again, how easy will they payout if the worst were to happen. Was hoping for some good or bad experiences from forum members  🤞🤣

• Like 1