Hot start problem 2007 2.0 BRD TDI

NathanR

Hi Guys, I have been working through everything i can find to fix the hot start problem with my 2007 2.0 tdi but am a loss. work carried out so far.. starter motor changed, new battery, new clutch sensor.new fuel filter... to put a clanger in it i think i had two issues,,, when it was a starter motor issue it sounded very different to what i have now.  from cold starts every time... since starter replacement the rpm is above what a hot start would require rpm wise. unplugging the Coolant sensor does get it running but it still takes time. a bit more info... idle stabilization full temp = Cylinder 1 0.22 cylinder 2 - 0.33 cylinder 3 -0.14 cylinder 4 0.30. injection quantity = 4.9 mgh duration 3.8 kwh Maf = 460 mgh @ 1049mbr. so whilst running all seems well at idle at temp but to get it started. when hot it turns over... fires momentarily after around 5 seconds and stops. one other thing is that when it plays up cruise control wont engage... I'm lost, this is beyond me. the car runs amazing once started, idle is fine, mpg is great, doesnt like a hard acceleration and will judder until it gets past 3k rpm unless its wet... and then it is fine... Im wondering if this is wiring related and maybee a split in the loom due to crappy 130K old engine bushes... doesnt explain the hot start issues though. I love the car but its getting to the point Im scared to go fuel up in case I get stuck there...

Edited by NathanR

As nobody has replied I'm guessing nobody has any idea... For the future if anyone else come accross this. I found a fault code, or a few... p3007 - camshaft position sensor no signal short circuit and a two others related to it. At first I thought it was a broken wire and had a look in the engine bay for an obvious kink. I tied it up with a cable tie and tonight I took the dogs out and its started straight away. got home when it was hot, turned it off and tried to start it... no deal and that fault code. cleared it and left it for two hours. started perfect and no fault code. Pretty sure it is a camshaft sensor getting hot and faulting... bad side, brd engine on a quatro... no I am not paying anyone 300 + quid to replace it... its a !Removed! 15 year old car..going to get all medieval on it and old school fix of running the wires outside the cam cover. The only thing i agree with is using a audi spare part, my next mission.

My 2007 Audi A4 has the same issue. Would you be able to post a picture of what you’ve done ? Was it the cash act sensor or crankshaft sensor? 
thanks