Can I switch off the "intelligent" freewheeling feature?

Leeparky74

Hi and thank you for accepting me to the forum. I have a 2019 Auld Q3 35TDi 7 speed auto, and the freewheeling feature is driving me mad. It's doing it more and more, and I often find myself having to constantly brake to keep my speed under the speed limit, as the thing likes to freewheel down hill. I have Googled this topic for the past few weeks and cannot find any other way of stooping it form happening other than drive around with the gearbox in S mode all the time, which means the engine is revving higher than necessary. Any ideas please? TIA.

Hi Lee,

Do you mean that the gearbox is disengaged and the car coasts?

If memory serves, in efficiency mode it happens more often.

Another way maybe is to look into the MMI (something like this) > car > vehicle settings or driver assist > and turn off any active efficiency items like efficiency assist.

Try different drive select modes?  For example, you can put it into dynamic or sport mode, where the gear will be 'S' as default, but then you can easily change that to 'D'

Thanks,

5 minutes ago, JMKC82 said:

Hi Lee,

Do you mean that the gearbox is disengaged and the car coasts?

If memory serves, in efficiency mode it happens more often.

Another way maybe is to look into the MMI (something like this) > car > vehicle settings or driver assist > and turn off any active efficiency items like efficiency assist.

Try different drive select modes?  For example, you can put it into dynamic or sport mode, where the gear will be 'S' as default, but then you can easily change that to 'D'

Thanks,

Hi.  Yes,  the gearbox disengages and the D on the driver's display goes from whatever gear I was in D3, D4 etc, to just D. I've tried different drive select modes including Dynamic but it still does it.  I saw something on Google where they said to go into the Driver Assist menu and untick the "Intelligent Freewheeling"  but mine doesn't have this option. The only way that I can stop it from happening is to drive around with the gearbox in S mode all the time,  but doing 30mph in 3rd gear at 2000 rpm gets tiresome really quick. I was hoping that maybe flicking the gear stick over into M mode might teach the cat that I don't want it to keep free wheeling but it just resorts straight back to doing it as soon as I put it back into D.  It's driving me absolutely mad,  to the point where I just want to get rid of the car.