No boost

Kellyrossiter

Hi hope someone can help 

I have an Audi A3 1.6 diesel 

just over a year ago it caught alight 

it was left for a year, I finally got someone to fix it 

althoughy wen I picked it up it had a mass sensor code and egr problem 

he unplugged my mass sensor and that how I drove it for about 3 months till it went into limp mode, I went to buy a new mass sensor and Audi said mine was a 3 pin but there was a 4 pin wired into my car which the bloke who got it back up and running must have done 

fast forward couple of weeks of it being in limp mode I had it remapped instead of having the egr done 

so dpf deleted and cut out egr blanked off still in limp mode, it’s now thrown up a couple of different codes 

turbo supercharger underboost & air intake leak

auto electrician wired in new 3 pin sensor ect 

all codes now gone but car still has no boost, he’s checked solenoid, map sensor and changed my fuel filter and he’s run out of ideas now he’s saying change actuator 

but wud this not throw up a code, are they not electronic, audi are saying £800 for a new turbo which I can’t afford any ideas wat it cud be 

8C64E40C-DB70-4493-92FE-30ABC2FDDDEF.jpeg

EECBEDFE-5CCC-41D5-89FF-0054B21E4D0B.jpeg

7 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Actuator should throw up a code in theory. I'm guessing all boost hoses have been checked. The last thing is then the turbo. 

Yh I’ve been told it wud throw up a code as electronic I’m not sure of boost pipes were checked 

so is it not worth just changing actuator then 

new turbo is £800 or I can get one off a breaking car for £200 but is it going to solve my problems 😫😫😫

37 minutes ago, Kellyrossiter said:

Yh I’ve been told it wud throw up a code as electronic I’m not sure of boost pipes were checked 

so is it not worth just changing actuator then 

new turbo is £800 or I can get one off a breaking car for £200 but is it going to solve my problems 😫😫😫

Hi get the boost hoses checked for splits especially the one that runs down from the turbo to the intercooler.

Steve.