High insurance quotes!

Marlon

Hi,

Just bought a 2012 A4 1.8 TFSI s-line Black Edition (168 bhp)

I came from a 911 (997 Carrera S).

I was expecting my car isurance to go down as the 911 was group 50 and the Audi is group 26 - also the Audi is a third of the value of the 911.

However, 2 quotes so far give the same or higher for the A4! I'm in shock!

Is this model costly to ensure?

Many thanks

Edited by Marlon
incomplete information

Hello Colin,

I don’t think it’s as simple as Audi A4 vs Carrera, I think you may be a victim of a ‘new quotation’ where (so I understand) rates have been hiked across the board, as car parts increase in price along with everything else. 
I guess you have run this through a /couple of comparison websites, and if so, it would be interesting to know what quote you would get if you had to insure the Carrera from the same point in time. That will give you the current true comparison.

Perhaps you could let us know Colin.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hi Gareth,

It's an excellent point that you make. Clearly I can't make a true comparison, it would be interesting to know what my renewal quote would have been for the 911 - it was due in October. I may use a comparison site for a wider range of companies just to see if I can reduce the premiums a little.

Many thanks.

Many thanks Colin,

You could also do a quote for the 911, with a start date of say 21 days hence, so you have a true period for period comparison. 
What year was the 911 as a matter of interest? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Okay Gareth,

I've just done what you suggested and went back to the same online insurance company and entered details of the 911 (it was a 2005 plate) I sold last week.

The quote came back 72% higher than last year! So you were indeed correct - its the premiums that have sky rocketed this year!

So in fact my change to the A4 has saved me lot of money on insurance!

Many thanks for your sage advice 🙂

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by Marlon
extra information
  • Like 1