Drivers light question

Rossbuster

So someone ran into my car and smashed the light . Code for my light is 4G0941006 A . My question is what is the difference from my light and a 4G0941004 F . I have a friend that has one and have no idea if there is any difference.  Anyone know . Thanks in advance 

Hello Ross,

Many thanks for joining and posting your plea.

There are differing opinions on whether the end suffix letter simply denotes a later variation of an otherwise identical part ( obviously where the actual part number stays the same, but only the suffix letter differs). 
I am not aware of any out and out part number changes for the same part - except where a new number supersedes an existing  number. 
Summary:- it’s unlikely the two are identical, but why don’t you get your friend to send you some photos and dimensions etc. so that you can compare. If you then think they are similar - friends being friends - why not get him to send it to you, and you can return it is it’s not the right one? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.