Audi A4 conv. Jacking advise.

Mario T

Does anybody know where is sensible to jack an A4 conv. I ask as my low profile jack isn't low enough. I hate jacking on the sills as it tends to warp the coating and deform the sill edge too.

I was thinking of taking the weight on the tyre jack and then posting the low profile jack under but not sure where. Usually I'd use the the casing the wishbone connects to but this has a thin plate guarding below it.

I was thinking of going about 2 inches back from this point where the wishbone connects and jacking on that plate.

It also has 2 bars that form part of the strengthening. So these also create issues. Your help would be much appreciated.

using the factory jacking point under the sills with a trolley jack  is fine, but, you need to use a rubber jack plate cushion which sits correctly under the sill and sill lip locates in a slot in the rubber plate preventing any damage to the sill or coating etc.

47 minutes ago, dalswinton said:

Hi,

You can buy the rubber cushions on e bay

just make sure u get one with the correct slot

to fit the sil

Brian.

These are the ones that I got for the A6.

jacking blocks.jpg