Radio Sleep Shut-off

Mr DC

New Audi owner here, thank you for allowing me into the forum.

Love this car, but one very annoying quirk....can't believe this hasnt been asked before...

Why does the radio shut off after just 10 mins....no audible warning... surely that can be increased??? Of course I'm referring to when I'm just sat in the car with ignition off.

Any workaround?

Hello David,

Thanks for joining. I think you will find that there ‘isn’t anything wrong with the car’, and that is normal, and indeed now common to other non-VAG marques, fitted with the now-normal stop/start facility.

Annoying? - yes I know - I have a non-Audi that does the same, and even for a shorter time! 

Lengthening time-on when stationary? I’m really not sure, but I believe it can be isolated on mine via. a sort of disconnect of the auxiliary battery. Worth the downsides? No, I just switch the radio on again! 
Someone may be along with an answer, but you may find 10 mins. is generous - ? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thank you Gareth... appreciate the quick response...my last car, a VW stayed on for an hour which was fine...but things have move on tremendously since that was manufactured.

I certainly wasn't aware how common this feature is.

Many thanks.

• Like 1