Intermittent Clutch Slip

bantamdave21

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. About two months ago my clutch starting slipping on the motorway. Heart in mouth and the unexpected expense as there had been no indication prior. I pulled over at the next opportunity and couldn’t make it slip if my life depended on it. I gingerly continued my journey no issues.

I put it down to experience, assuming perhaps I was weary and had ridden the clutch without noticing and panicked. 

I’ve covered approximately 5k miles since with no issues not even a hint of clutch slip or smell. Todays it’s done the same thing and now fine….

has anyone had this or similar?

thanks

Hello David,

Could you let us know what mileage the car has covered to consider slip and associated wear? Also, how far up the pedal travel does the clutch bite, and have you noticed whether this point has changed of late? 
It could be as a result of simple mileage wear, and you could test for clutch slip, but better to have some answers first. 
Clutch issues these days are more often as a result of failing release bearing assemblies, but this usually manifests itself as irregular bite points on the pedal. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.