A6 C6 4F Allroad 2011

Landcruiser

Hello all

Can anyone tell me where the location of the relay for the air suspension is as having issues as in stopped working, been told it is near the compressor which i beleive is behind the OSF wheel arch panel.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for reply magnet

Not sure as its at pals garage, i replaced nearside front airbag, replaced both front residuel valves, was working ok but orange light started to flash, now jack mode is greyed out in on position so cannot alter height, orange light permanently on now, mechanic seems to think relay is burnt out but cannot find it hence this post.

Chris

Many thanks Chris. ‘Mechanic seems to think relay is burnt out’ doesn’t instil that much confidence in reality. It’s either getting a confirmed 12v supply to the compressor, or it’s not - it has to be checked. Again, if he’s asking where the relay is then he hasn’t got access to the data systems normally associated with the motortrade. Having said that, it may well tell you in your handbook, where it shows the fuse positions and what they feed - worth looking there.

In my experience, many air suspension issues are associated with compressor problems - mainly failing piston ring. These can be obtained from Bagpiping Andy ( on EBay) - he is a great source of information. If your mechanic suggests replacing the compressor with one from our Far Eastern friends then beware - they may ( in caps) not last the guarantee, but they will be cheaper to buy once! Again Andy should advise - if the issue turns out to be compressor associated. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks garath

I did wonder that about relay, i have bought a new compressor ring from andy few months ago, seemed to work fine for a while, compressor that is, just the fact now with this dam orange light permantly on and jack mode greyed out....have mailed andy over weekend but not replyed as yet, one strange thing did notice while driving is jack mode comes to life but soon as car is stopped it greys out......strange...