FOR SALE: Audi A4 Avant 1.8T quattro SE - Stored, 1 owner, low miles, for recommissioning

Hi Everyone,

This is an unusual buying opportunity, for this A4 Avant Quattro so I though it worth advertising on the forum.

We are selling this car as my uncle and most recently my aunt have passed away. The car was put away in their garage and stored there untouched since 2012.The car is silver, one owner, low miles, it is 20 years old but has been in a time warp, protected from the sun and rain in storage.

Please note the photos are of the car as it has been discovered in the garage, it’s not been cleaned or worked on.
Photos available here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnjHsAvB36eeg7EfGOF3uplJnUY1hg?e=7I1iWi

Located in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. 

Audi A4 Avant

1.8T quattro SE (190ps) 5d (6) 2003/03

First Registered 8 August 2003

Colour: Silver

Milage: approximately 40,000

Previous Owners: 0 (1 owner from new)

Service History: Serviced at Bedford Audi while in use

Last Serviced: 25/07/2011 at 35,172 miles

Last MOT: 25/07/2011 (Pass) Passed all previous MOTs

Description:

We believe from talking to my aunt the car before she passed away has not been started/used/moved at all since 2012.

We will not attempt to start it as the cambelt is well overdue and should be changed before trying to start as part of re-commissioning. 

The car must be professionally recovered from the current location; it is not running and is being sold as it stands for sale and removal.

To the best of our knowledge no work has been done to the car since it was put away in the garage in 2012. The battery is dead, however, based on MOT history and annual usage we believe the milage is likely to be approximately 40-45,000 miles, though it could be higher.

Original purchase paperwork and service book, with 2 keys.

Please let me know if you wish to make an offer or have any questions, I have tried to cover what we know but happy to try and answer anything further.

Kind regards,
Christian

Edited by Christian M
Missing line of text regarding starting/cambelt, also added car location

Hello Christian, 

Many thanks for the comprehensive details about your late uncle’s car. It could just be my system, but unfortunately I cannot open the photos, so I wonder if you can post them in a different format. 
It’s great to post the advert on here as well, but in reality, it warrants a much wider audience to realise its full advertising potential. Since the car is part of his estate, I would think it might need to be demonstrated that it’s sale has been publicised and the best price has been obtained. Price will be influenced by the need of new tyres all around, battery, brake work, as well as the belt/s you refer to, but I guess you will have worked that out. 
Appreciating that eBay is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it does fulfil that ‘wide advertising’ criteria, and this would be my main port of call in finding the appropriate home for it - try it under their ‘Classic cars’ category ( a little beyond normal, but reasonable enough category in this case). 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Christian. 
Meanwhile, many thanks again. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and share your thoughts, very kind of you. 

You are spot on regarding the disposal of assets and the requirement to demonstrate it has been marketed and sold for the best achievable value. I've just listed it on eBay so it's on there now (although I just realised I listed under Audi rather than classic, doh) and auto-trader too. We have got some interested parties, so it's a case of finding the best buyer.

Honestly I couldn't believe the condition we found it in when I went to take these photos recently, the garage life seems to have kept the UV and moisture away.

I am not sure why the photo album link didn't work, I've uploaded some directly here so hopefully they work now?

Thanks again,
Christian

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2471.JPEG

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2475.JPEG

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

Many thanks Christian,

It certainly looks very original and unmolested. In my book, originality is king, and usually short lived! 
I’m sure we don’t need to wish your family good luck with its sale. This is the condition in which I like to find them - such that they sell themselves, and the last thing they need is a salesman. 
Many thanks for bringing it to the attention of the forum members. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. I think I would try to get it listed under the Classic Car section of eBay, even if you have to cancel the current one and relist it. I think it’s better aligned to a ‘Modern Classic’ rather than a modern car.

Thanks Gareth, I’ve taken your advice and re-listed it under Classic Cars. 

It is indeed totally original as far as I can see and the body looks to be very nice, just been in 10 years of hibernation!

I’ve had a quite a few calls and messages since putting it on AT so although some are trying it on some seem decent so I’m fairly confident there will be no issue with it selling. Hopefully it will be a painless process from here.

Thanks again!

Christian 

Edited by Christian M
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...