advice sought A5 sportback s line

long boy

hi all, im a tricky customer, im registered disabled and 6'8' tall.. i know many will say go to a dealer and try out my question and thats a fair point, however id thought id throw this out anyways.

ive been offered a 65 plate Sportback s line and my question for tall drivers is how easy do you find it physically getting in and out of said vehicle plus physically how do you fit it ? .. my daughter has an A4 and its nigh on impossible to squeeze my 18stone  of long self in .. i recognise this is an A5 and so dimensions are greater.

any comments welcome so long as non nasty 😂

Andy

Edited just now by long boy

Hello Andy,

Many thanks for being in touch. I fear this is indeed going to be difficult to answer, and I think I must fall into the category of ‘try it out’, based on the chances of finding another 6ft 8 inch tall, 18 stone A5 owner  with mobility issues on here. Of course, let’s hope I’m wrong and someone can help you, but I feel you will have too long a wait on here, and would probably be better advised to just go and try one. 
I really hope it works out for you Andy.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

My advice would be to try one out at a car supermarket like available car. 

The A5 is a low car, which should making it easier to get in and out. 

I think as long as you're not expecting to have any passengers behind the driver's seat then there should be enough room. Also as it's s line trim the seats will have more side bolsters as they're sports seats. 

Is there a reason why you can't try the car you're being offered? 

Hi there it’s arriving to the U.K. on 15th 

long story but , was shipped over to France by brother to brother French brother now going EV so shipping back to blighty 

65k FASH 1.8 that’s all I know !

andy 

Just now, long boy said:

Hi there it’s arriving to the U.K. on 15th 

long story but , was shipped over to France by brother to brother French brother now going EV so shipping back to blighty 

65k FASH 1.8 that’s all I know !

andy 

Might be worth you waiting for it to get back to the UK. Sounds a lovely car 🙂

I know from experience there's enough adjustment in the seat to accommodate your height, and getting in will be ok for reasons already mentioned. The only tricky aspect could be getting out because of the low seat and ride height.

Thanks for your message- the car will be available for me to trial fit In on 15/16th .

being a 65 plate any particular issues I should look out for ( electric windows and all ancillary components I’ll check )

andy