2.7 Bi turbo chargers

Rick81

Hi on the Audi allroad 2.7 bi turbo. Has anyone ever maxed out there turbos? If you did what gains did you see? 

Also how much would the engine take before needing rods and Pistons. I saw a video on YouTube with a claimed 600bhp 

• 2 months later...

6 hours ago, Rick81 said:

Does anyone no how far the k03 bi turbos can be pushed 

Hi you can go as far as you want but the end result is always the same, DEAD ENGINE, the Bi Turbo system is designed thus, the low pressure turbo increases the velocity of the air going into the high pressure unit which negates what is known as LAG, the crankcase is strengthened when built to take into account the fact it flexes when the main turbine kicks in and the boost bar settings are all calibrated to stop over boost, 600bhp just by changing the turbo and nothing else ? also did anybody mention how long it lasted, back in the early eighties anyone who had a Metro turbo was winding the boost control module up to eight bar instead of four yes it goes like stink, but little while later they were all moaning about the rods being outside the crankcase and not in it.

Steve.

I no the k03 turbos won't achieve it. It was a video on YouTube channel dmo . Some guy reckons he just changed the fuel pump. Which I don't believe 

Edited by Rick81

33 minutes ago, Rick81 said:

I no the k03 turbos won't achieve it. It was a video on YouTube channel dmo . Some guy reckons he just changed the fuel pump. Which I don't believe 

Hi I don't know what milage your car has on it but if you start fiddling with a car of that age now its like trying to get your granny to run up hill with a sixty kilo ruck sack, to much extra stress, there is no such thing as a cheap power gain and as for the YouTube brigade they just tell you what they think you want to hear, like the guy that did a video on a de coke using water and a spray bottle, yes it probably works but where do all the loose bits of carbon end up?.

Steve. 

I understand this. I was trying ask, maybe I should of worded it better. What are the limits of the k03 . I no the k03 won't achieve this