Rear Passenger door not opening from inside car

Frankie816

Hi folks,

2019 A6 saloon.  Rear passenger door has suddenly stopped opening from the inside.   Opens fine from outside.  Tried activating and deactivating the child lock button on the instrument panel on the drivers door but had no effect.  The LED glows when activated suggesting the switch itself is ok.  Audi have quoted me €199 just to run diagnostics plus parts & labour for any fix which seems extortionate for what I hope might be something simple.  Any fellow owners experience something similar and what was the fix?  

Thanks,

Frankie

Hi Frankie, difficult to pinpoint fault without seeing anything. If your able to remove inner door and have a look at the connection between inner door handle and the lock mechanism.

It's possible the cable between them has broke or has come loose somehow.

Good luck, let us know how you get on 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Hi I had the the same issue with mine A6 intermittently on my rear door too , also got a central locking fault malfunction come up on the  dash sometimes , I did some digging on the US forums and found it was a known issue with some A6's  .

Mine would also show it was locked but when checking the rear door intermittently I would find it would be unlocked , Any way it went into the dealers 3 times before they changed the rear door lock , 

• Like 1