MMI not working properly.

fazi

I have A6 3.0 DTI Avante 2011. Last week I noticed for first time a message on my dash board.."Key weak battery". After that the MMI displayed started having mind of its own, coming on and off when it wanted. I changed Key battery but the issues continues. MMI on and off and comes out when it wants, sometimes it goes blank screen and still out and then goes in. On initial starting the engine again comes out with display screen working properly, sometimes it does not. Any ideas?  

• 10 months later...

Hello, let me refresh the topic. When I bought my Audi, the seller said that there is also something going on with the MMI, sometimes it turns off, sometimes it turns on and freezes, only resetting the 3 keys or disconnecting the entire power plug in the trunk helps. Any ideas?

Quick question:  have you checked the software version and known faults / updates available? the MMI seems to be something that is updated fairly regularly. I have just ordered the software update for my own, as i want to get the most possible out of the unit!  The units themselves seem to be very good, however the software doesnt seem as good as the hardware at times.
I dont understand the keys having any effect tbh, but removing the power from the unit via the Battery... is essentially a forced reset.

Hello Neil,my software wersion,how I know which new update will be ok for my mmi? Can you send link where I can order update?

20240106_070130.thumb.jpg.d1a6800ddc4ccea0c9e22b3819e3e88f.jpg

On 1/12/2024 at 9:40 AM, Hammie1982 said:

Quick question:  have you checked the software version and known faults / updates available? the MMI seems to be something that is updated fairly regularly. I have just ordered the software update for my own, as i want to get the most possible out of the unit!  The units themselves seem to be very good, however the software doesnt seem as good as the hardware at times.
I dont understand the keys having any effect tbh, but removing the power from the unit via the Battery... is essentially a forced reset.

If you kill the power to it by disconnecting the battery then you'll need the radio code for when you turn it back on 

On 1/13/2024 at 6:28 AM, Bartek0909 said:

Hello Neil,my software wersion,how I know which new update will be ok for my mmi? Can you send link where I can order update?

20240106_070130.thumb.jpg.d1a6800ddc4ccea0c9e22b3819e3e88f.jpg

Hey sorry for the late reply,  Ive been ill and bed bound for a short while!
I got an update for mine via Ben @Audi MMI Updates | CarPlay | Android Auto | 2024 Maps | Navigation (thenavman.com)

Give them a shout and show them the pic above and they will be able to update the maps and the MMI software to the latest.
I havent had a chance to install mine yet, but ill get to it in the next couple of days.  Seems easy enough to do from what i have read!  

I dont know for certain it will fix the issues your suffering, but its another option ticked off the list.

Steve is right tho, if you take away the power to the unit by disconnecting the battery etc.   you will most likely need a radio code to get it operating again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 6:19 AM, Bartek0909 said:

thank you Neil,

can you let me know please how goes after update?

Due to being Ill it took me quite a while to get this update done.  
Its now done, absolutely no issues.  Simple update, Clear Concise instruction.

I done the software update first, took about 2 hours (left the car running) and then the maps update (about an hour to complete) 

Made a major difference in the maps, as i no longer look like im driving across fields 60% of the time!