Insurance providers for low mileage Mk2 TT

Ben_Mark2 TT 3.2

Hi,

I am about to buy a Mark2 TT 3.2.  It is a second car (just for fun) and I will do very few miles in it - perhaps 5k a year maximum.
Anyone know of any insurers that have a good reputation but are also good value for this kind of scenario?

Thanks

Hello Mark,

Thanks for joining, and apologies for the delay in responding.

You can of course insure it with any company, but unless you have a ‘spare’ NCB, then you will have to start from zero bonus, since your everyday car will be using up the bonus earned on that. 
Possible alternative? Insure the car as a classic car with quite a choice of brokers to approach for quotes. However, it’s worth pointing out that the rule of thumb is that the car has to be a minimum of 20 years old. There can be exceptions to this. These policies usually don’t depend on, or earn a NCB, and mileage has to be restricted  - 5K would be reasonable limit - 3K limit is likely to be cheaper. The bonus of CC insurance is that you can usually agree a pay out value for the car in the event of it being a total loss. 
You could try the likes of Adrian Flux, Lancaster - and others found in a Google search for Classic Car Insurance. 

I was told there was a comparison website for such cover, but personally I wouldn’t bother with that. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.