Aftermarket Stereo steering wheel controls issue

Poppinjay

Hi,

new here, so hi all. 

I have an issue with the steering wheel audio controls on my Audi A3 not changing tracks occasionally and wondered if any one had similar issues

the original unit was the Audi Chorus and I have swapped this out with a Pioneer Double Din using the Connects2 converter and Pioneer patch lead. Sometimes it can work for a few days, weeks, months, before it has issues only on the track selection wheel, but the volume has always worked as it should 

basically, instead of changing tracks, as an example, it swaps the view from Android Auto to normal radio mode

One thing I noticed the other day using a code reader is that it detected that the original radio was removed and steering wheel controls. I haven't cleared any of these issues, but I am wondering if the cambus has detected a disconnection and this needs clearing to let it know there is a complete circuit again

Any help will be appreciated as its driving me nuts!! as the lead wasn't cheap to purchase 

Many thanks