Brake discs

Tony Barnes

They certainly don't make it easy, just been onto eurocar parts, entered my reg number and looked up front discs, they list about 8 different discs of different sizes! What's the point of putting your reg in if the list them all?

57 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

They certainly don't make it easy, just been onto eurocar parts, entered my reg number and looked up front discs, they list about 8 different discs of different sizes! What's the point of putting your reg in if the list them all?

Hi if you go on LLL carparts or ZAP 7 and put your VIN in that will normally come up with the part number for the discs for your car or come to that any motor factors as they all have an Audi parts system, the problem with euros is they don't have many staff who knowhow to use a system, the VIN is the key to the build spec as with my car there's three different sizes of disc unless you give them the VIN, then you get the right size straight away.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a code in your service book both front and rear have a separate code, its needs to be compred to the fitment section on Euro Parts for each disc & pads. They got mine correct first time without me needing to measure the discs & compare yhe pads.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi if you go on LLL carparts or ZAP 7 and put your VIN in that will normally come up with the part number for the discs for your car or come to that any motor factors as they all have an Audi parts system, the problem with euros is they don't have many staff who knowhow to use a system, the VIN is the key to the build spec as with my car there's three different sizes of disc unless you give them the VIN, then you get the right size straight away.

Steve.

have tried LLL and again it has seven (7) pictures showing brake disscs for my vehicle after inputing my vin number all different sezes, think the only way forward is to take the discs off and measure them then re fit them and go buy new ones.... what a palarvour...

5 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

have tried LLL and again it has seven (7) pictures showing brake disscs for my vehicle after inputing my vin number all different sezes, think the only way forward is to take the discs off and measure them then re fit them and go buy new ones.... what a palarvour...

Hi Tony if you can give me P.M. with your Vin and engine code I will run it through my parts system and see which ones fit your vehicle.

Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Tony if you can give me P.M. with your Vin and engine code I will run it through my parts system and see which ones fit your vehicle.

Steve. 

Where will I find the engine code please?

22 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

Where will I find the engine code please?

Hi either on the log book, in the sticker in the owners manual, on a sticker on the cam belt cover, failing all these phone Audi and they will be able to tell you.

Steve.