Weird Air Con Issues on just purchased car

ojay1986

Hi all

I just purchased  1.4 Avant 2017 model from a dealer and when I drove it the air con wasn't working, they checked it and it was, I drove again and was all good but then it stopped this morning the day after getting it.

What happens is when air con is set to 'off' the air pumps out, when I switch to eco or 'on' it simply does nothing, there's a noise like its trying to work but nothing comes out. Then when I switch to 'off' once again a big blow of what I can describe as 'air con air' comes out for a couple of seconds before getting to non air con temperatures.

The dealer has asked to book it into Audi, which I have on the 19th but I am wondering if anyone has had this and what the fix may be before then.

Thanks

Hello Ollie, 

The joy of this is, you just don’t have to worry about it or try to diagnose the cause. The car will be under warranty and should be fixed via. the supplying dealer.

However, one thing I would be cautious of :- the ‘dealer’ ( non Audi seller?) has asked you to book it in with with Audi ( dealer) rather than the seller booking it in. Since you are booking it in, the Audi dealer will understandably expect you to settle the bill before handing the car back. I guess you then have to pester the seller for your outlay-? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks

I'm going to call them and ask how they're going to pay for it as I'm not having anything else come out of my pocket with the fault.

It'll be tricky to claim back if I end up paying and asking for it back

2 hours ago, ojay1986 said:

Thanks

I'm going to call them and ask how they're going to pay for it as I'm not having anything else come out of my pocket with the fault.

It'll be tricky to claim back if I end up paying and asking for it back

Exactly. It's their job to fix it. Or demand for your money back. 

My 2017 A4  had exactly the same symptoms. If you can scan for fault codes there will probably be B109207 for a faulty recirculation flap motor. Mine was sorted under an Audi All In extended warranty so I don't know what the cost of the repair would be.