Cambelt change

geoffwa3
聽Share

Hi all, new to the forum so wanted to say hello!

Just bagged myself a 2007 cabriolet 1.8T and want to carry out some little jobs so after some recommendations.

Firstly, I want to get the cambelt changed. I live on the Wirral so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated 馃檹馃徎

Thanks Geoff聽

Hello Geoff,

Many thanks for joining.

Are you looking for recommended garages on the Wirral, or do you intend to do this yourself?聽
If you are looking for garage recommendations, then any trusted 聽local garage should be able to carryout this work.

This may be disagreed with, but If you intend to have the water pump changed at the same time ( good policy) then my experience points me towards the merit of paying a bit extra for a pump bought from VAG.聽
Perhaps you can come back to us.聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽

• 1 month later...

Hi Gareth, took your advice and just had this done at my local reputable garage (water pump too) had full service done at the same time so gives me peace of mind.

Also my clutch is biting really high and seemed to be slipping under hard acceleration in 3rd gear, does this suggest a new clutch is required. Drives fine under normal use.

• Like 1

Hello Geoff,

Glad you local garage were able to do the belt for you.聽
Re. clutch:- unfortunately, it sounds like it鈥檚 due for a new clutch assembly by the symptoms you describe.聽
Well worth getting the same garage to give you an opinion on this.聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽