A3 2011 CFFB Engine not starting.

SwissT00

Hi.

I'm a new member and have an issue with my A3 and my mate advised me to come on here so here goes.. I have a A3 2011 CFFB engine and it cut out and now won't start it was put onto a diagnosis machine and came back with a fuel pressure fault and the fuel pressure sender was replaced and the fault was cleared but still it wont start. A garage checked it out and they are now saying my engine is US and needs a replacement, when asked how they came to this conclusion all they said was when they were turning it over and removed the oil filler cap oil was blowing out of it, so my question is.. Is my engine US and if so what could be the cause and can it be repaired... Thanks in advance.... 

For oil to blow out of the filler cap there must be pressure in the crankcase. The most likely reason for that, though not the only one, is worn cylinder bores and or pistons. A compression test should be able to confirm that diagnosis. While it is perfectly possible to repair your engine the cost of doing so will not be far off the cost of a rebuilt secondhand engine in which all worn parts have been replaced. Look here to find the cost

https://enginesrebuild.co.uk/reconditioned/Audi/A3

Considering your car is 12 years old I doubt that a brand new engine would be worthwhile.

6 hours ago, SwissT00 said:

Hi.

I'm a new member and have an issue with my A3 and my mate advised me to come on here so here goes.. I have a A3 2011 CFFB engine and it cut out and now won't start it was put onto a diagnosis machine and came back with a fuel pressure fault and the fuel pressure sender was replaced and the fault was cleared but still it wont start. A garage checked it out and they are now saying my engine is US and needs a replacement, when asked how they came to this conclusion all they said was when they were turning it over and removed the oil filler cap oil was blowing out of it, so my question is.. Is my engine US and if so what could be the cause and can it be repaired... Thanks in advance.... 

Hi the oil coming out is where the pump is spraying oil up to the cylinder head and fly's off of the cam lobes as they turn over, I think your problem is most likely the in tank fuel pump under the back seat as when that goes that would give the low fuel pressure code as its not supplying enough fuel to the high pressure pump on the engine.

Steve.