Clicking noise

Saraht

Hi

I’m new here and know absolutely nothing about cars but am willing to learn!! I have a question my A4 Avant S line 66 plate has developed a clicking noise especially over bumps and when wheel locked. I’m assuming it’s something very expensive! Wondering if anyone has any suggestions what it might be please. It’s developed over last week. Car done 77k. Any decent mechanics on south coast near Hythe you recommend as they will see me coming and know I’ve not got a clue. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Saraht said:

Hi

I’m new here and know absolutely nothing about cars but am willing to learn!! I have a question my A4 Avant S line 66 plate has developed a clicking noise especially over bumps and when wheel locked. I’m assuming it’s something very expensive! Wondering if anyone has any suggestions what it might be please. It’s developed over last week. Car done 77k. Any decent mechanics on south coast near Hythe you recommend as they will see me coming and know I’ve not got a clue. Thanks 

Hi its probably a Cv outer front on the wheel end of the driveshaft, this will probably mean a new driveshaft but you can get them off eBay as an aftermarket unit for about £100 or alternatively get the part number off of the sticker on the shaft and get a second hand unit like I did for £60, I replaced both of mine with previously enjoyed and they have both done 30,000 now with no issues.

Steve.