Current Build Time

stufos

Morning All

I ordered a Audi A4 black edition 35TFSI in the last week of March. At the time was told it would be around 4/5 months. I contacted dealer today and still at status 0 (wait list?) so no closer to even a build date let alone delivery. Is this normal when I ordered cars before they could give me a build date not long after placing order even if it was 6 months down the line. 

Thanks

Stu

The new A4 soon to be renamed A5 is due out very soon so they're probably looking at slowing down production and completing orders for Lease companies as they took a massive hit with the semi conductor shortage.  Whose as status 0 might not even get a build week if they decide to the re-tooling for the factory in 2 week summer shut down in August.  

I would have thought that they would speed up production of the current A4 so they can complete all orders before  the new A4/A5 is released. As far as I am aware Audi are still accepting orders for the current A4

Yes I was going to place an order with my dealer 2 weeks ago and got told 5 month wait.  I bought a used approved 2022 model in case they did stop production in the near future.  I'm not keen on the leaked pictures of the new model.  The current model has one of the bets Audi interiors.   Problem is Audi will still accept orders even if a new model is due out. Give them the chance to offer you the new model but for the new price.   I hope people like yourself do get your order.

Edited by f1n

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, stufos said:

Ok just had confirmation of build week 17th July, I'm guessing about 4-5 weeks after build for delivery?

thats great news thanks for letting us know

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, stufos said:

Ok just had confirmation of build week 17th July, I'm guessing about 4-5 weeks after build for delivery?

Hi there. Wondered if you have any update yet? My build date was the week after yours but it’s all gone quiet. Trying to work in moving my current car so interested to hear your current status. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, FerryArab said:

Hi there. Wondered if you have any update yet? My build date was the week after yours but it’s all gone quiet. Trying to work in moving my current car so interested to hear your current status. Thanks in advance.

Morning my car is still at Emden port apparently it has been there since the 1 August hoping it gets transported this week 

Ordered a black A4 Avant S line 40 TFSI last week. Was 'advised' it could take 27 weeks to build/deliver. I thought the dealer was just being cautious in setting my expectations, but read the above threads I'll even be lucky at 27 weeks!!!!! Just as well I'm not in a hurry for it

I ordered  My A4 Avant 40 TFSI SLine last week in May and it was built on 29th July, it was then at Emden by 5th August. As of today it is still there and no idea when it will be shipped to the UK. There doesn’t seem to be any internet chatter about these lengthy delays at Emden unlike earlier in the year, April time. I’m led to believe three weeks there is a long time let alone five!

That's really bad and very frustrating. I get it, some components are scarce and take time to source, but as your car is built and ready for shipment you'd think they would pull out all the stops to get it to you. I was advised by sales to expect 27 weeks, I was hoping he was just trying to be cautious 😞    Thanks very much Peter for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

11 hours ago, PG220 said:

I ordered  My A4 Avant 40 TFSI SLine last week in May and it was built on 29th July, it was then at Emden by 5th August. As of today it is still there and no idea when it will be shipped to the UK. There doesn’t seem to be any internet chatter about these lengthy delays at Emden unlike earlier in the year, April time. I’m led to believe three weeks there is a long time let alone five!

Just found this Peter....when this was published there was a backlog of 24,000 cars waiting for export, normal backlog is 6,000        Dealers complain new VW, Audi and Porsche cars stuck in huge German port backlog – Car Dealer Magazine

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:10 AM, stufos said:

Morning my car is still at Emden port apparently it has been there since the 1 August hoping it gets transported this week 

Hi Stufos,

would be good if you could update your post as soon as you get some movement with it 👍

🤞🤞🤞it will ship very soon.

38 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

That's really bad and very frustrating. I get it, some components are scarce and take time to source, but as your car is built and ready for shipment you'd think they would pull out all the stops to get it to you. I was advised by sales to expect 27 weeks, I was hoping he was just trying to be cautious 😞    Thanks very much Peter for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

Yes very frustrating, it’s not like I can even open a can of Whoop !Removed! on the dealer either🤣

When I placed my order end of May, in fairness I was told it would be 12- 14 weeks so it’s technically on schedule but five wasted weeks at Emden is poor. I obviously didn’t want it until 1st Sept anyway but now I’m borrowing family cars to get around in.

By way of comparison a mate of mine ordered a A4 35 tdi Avant with some options at the end of March and it was delivered within 9 weeks which was way ahead of anticipated delivery of July, so there doesn’t seem to be any consistency in the delays. I notice that if you order one now they are quoting 10-12 months!

Still waiting for an update from dealer. As my dealer is up north then the transporter ship will go to Grimsby it looks like there is a ship from Endem 2/3 times a week but no way of knowing if my car is on any of them!! 

As soon as I have any concrete info I will update this form but so far its 6 weeks and counting

I ordered my A4 35 TFSI on 17th April 2023 and was given  a forecast of 16 weeks. As of yesterday I was advised my order is only due to go into build on 25th Sept 2023 but this is not confirmed, they also cannot provide any further details relating to my order. I fail to understand how it is this difficult to get accurate information regarding my order. The dealer has also said that once built they will be unable to provide and deliver forecast or details. All very poor and very frustrating, at this rate I can see me going into used market for a replacement vehicle. 

No reasons why the dealer can't keep you updated all the way it states on their system when the car arrives at the port and then when it delivered to UK port. Seems like waiting time are also increasing for these car.

Mine is a A4 35 TFSI saloon black edition in glacier white I may consider selling it on if anyone is interested if/when it finally arrives 🙂 

Happy Friday then. Very happy for you and hopefully I might get the same pleasant surprise shortly.
Seriously  though in this connected world we live in you are not telling me that every single significant movement of that car cannot be tracked by the dealer and they can’t inform us 🤔.

I’ve had an insurance policy ready to go since 1st September, fortunately Saga have been very good and have moved the start date back and will do so again, they even refunded me £65 when I first moved it back 👍

5 hours ago, stufos said:

OK so just had an update from the dealer and it at the dealership! So gone from still at Endem to dealership in a week, now just to arrange delivery.

Finally.....that's great news, at least you can enjoy the car now:)

On 9/8/2023 at 1:38 PM, H174 said:

I ordered my A4 35 TFSI on 17th April 2023 and was given  a forecast of 16 weeks. As of yesterday I was advised my order is only due to go into build on 25th Sept 2023 but this is not confirmed, they also cannot provide any further details relating to my order. I fail to understand how it is this difficult to get accurate information regarding my order. The dealer has also said that once built they will be unable to provide and deliver forecast or details. All very poor and very frustrating, at this rate I can see me going into used market for a replacement vehicle. 

Kevin, who is it that advises you of the build date. Is it Audi themselves or the dealer? Tks