Current Build Time

stufos

1 minute ago, Le2266 said:

Happy days, was the last update the gave you before they told you it arrived?

I’ve had no update since it arrived at Emden on 5th August. The broker told me last Friday that there was no change to that but they get updated every Friday, sometimes after they close. As I got nothing from their Friday update on Monday or today I went direct to the dealer and spoke to the fleet manager. He said it arrived today but as there have been no carriers in today yet I suspect it actually arrived some time ago as there are carriers coming into Grimsby on a daily basis.

This was the same circumstances as stufos posted last week. At Emden, nothing for weeks then out of the blue he’s told it’s at the dealer! 

37 minutes ago, Le2266 said:

City of Rotterdam left emden today bound for Grimsby so praying it’s on there 🙏

There are transporters coming in nearly every day and sometimes two a day so 🤞🤞🤞

Slightly off topic but just wondered what people’s thoughts are on the silver inserts around the fog lights.

The picture attached is how my car will look but I’m not sure about these inserts, I think I prefer the black ones as in the black edition but I didn’t  want the full black edition.

IMG_7950.jpeg

1 hour ago, Le2266 said:

Yeah get what you’re saying, doesn’t look like anything else is chrome to match? Personally would have just preferred to be body coloured 

Thinking about having said silver trim sprayed black. 
Having looked at some photos of the latest black editions it seems on some that the whole area of trim is high gloss black unlike on this, which I know is an S4 but some S Lines are the same.

IMG_7952.jpeg

Edited by PG220

Just had an update on delivery . I was told yesterday it had only just arrived at the port of Grimsby and a few hours ago I was told it was now at the dealers and will be delivered next Thursday.

• Like 1

Just found out today my dealer (Lookers) has been taken over by some Canadian firm. Hope this isn't going to affect my order. Saying that I've not heard from Lookers Edinburgh since I ordered my car a month ago and they have not answered any of my emails. I could phone but have issues hearing and it's a bit too far to drive just for a query. Not surprised as to no comms with all the delays, maybe things will improve under the canadians.

39 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

Just found out today my dealer (Lookers) has been taken over by some Canadian firm. Hope this isn't going to affect my order. Saying that I've not heard from Lookers Edinburgh since I ordered my car a month ago and they have not answered any of my emails. I could phone but have issues hearing and it's a bit too far to drive just for a query. Not surprised as to no comms with all the delays, maybe things will improve under the canadians.

I hope the service improves under the new owners. You should at least have a confirmed build date by now. 🤞🤞🤞

31 minutes ago, Le2266 said:

Update today, status 38, fingers crossed it’s on the City of Rotterdam arriving today! 

Finally some good news 🤞

Well Monday is my supposed build week for an A4 I ordered on 17th April. I am yet to be convinced of this being an accurate timeline as it has slipped before. If this gets pushed back yet again I think I will have to have a serious consideration about cancelling my order. 

1 hour ago, H174 said:

Well Monday is my supposed build week for an A4 I ordered on 17th April. I am yet to be convinced of this being an accurate timeline as it has slipped before. If this gets pushed back yet again I think I will have to have a serious consideration about cancelling my order. 

Wow, five months from ordering and only just got a build date. That is disgraceful. I know they are now quoting up to 12 months for delivery but that was certainly not the case in April. As I said before, my mate ordered his last week in March and got it delivered 1st week in June. It wasn’t a bog standard car either he had chosen some options. I’m still amazed at the inconsistency between dealers.

Hope things progress quicker for you now, you just have to keep on at the dealer to get updates. Also ask them to provide the Audi order number and the VIN no as soon as it’s built. That way you will know if they sell it to another customer and just tell you yours has been delayed. You then get a later one off the line. Not uncommon I understand.

11 hours ago, H174 said:

Wow, I only ordered mine the end of August, I'll be pretty disappointed if mine takes that long  think I might have to change my ''Audi year build'' to 2025 at this rate😞

Edited by JohnJohn

Well, they inform me that my order has changed to confirmed build which is something I suppose. However, they are not in a position to provide any further information for at least 2 weeks, although they say my car is showing as due with the dealer during October. 

1 hour ago, H174 said:

Well, they inform me that my order has changed to confirmed build which is something I suppose. However, they are not in a position to provide any further information for at least 2 weeks, although they say my car is showing as due with the dealer during October. 

At least that’s something positive. Hopefully it gets there in October but that will still be six months which is strange for a car ordered in April, based on other people’s experiences.

26 minutes ago, PG220 said:

At least that’s something positive. Hopefully it gets there in October but that will still be six months which is strange for a car ordered in April, based on other people’s experiences.

I did point out that fact but it fell on deaf ears in the most, but as you say it’s a step forward but we wait and see if the reality matches the promised 

On 9/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, Le2266 said:

City of Rotterdam left emden today bound for Grimsby so praying it’s on there 🙏

how do you find out what ship is leaving emden for grimsby.....do you just google the port or is their a site that lists departures etc? tks

8 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

how do you find out what ship is leaving emden for grimsby.....do you just google the port or is their a site that lists departures etc? tks

There's a website/app called MarineTraffic that shows all AIS marine traffic. If you know which ships are used for shipping cars from Emden you can track progress

Edited by Splosho

4 hours ago, Splosho said:

There's a website/app called MarineTraffic that shows all AIS marine traffic. If you know which ships are used for shipping cars from Emden you can track progress

thanks Josh, I'll go have a look. We ordered our cars within a couple of weeks of each other, what time-scale did they give you? They estimated mine at 27 weeks

10 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

thanks Josh, I'll go have a look. We ordered our cars within a couple of weeks of each other, what time-scale did they give you? They estimated mine at 27 weeks

No worries John, I ordered mine through the same lease broker I ordered my current Cupra Formentor with that's due to go back mid March. They quoted around Feb/March time 

Edited by Splosho

Hi!  The Audi A4 I ordered in May reached status 38 (cleared for shipping) on 19 September.  The dealer sent me a copy of Audi's system printout.

Contacted him today and it is still status 38 at Emden!

regards