Current Build Time

stufos

On 9/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, JohnJohn said:

Ordered a black A4 Avant S line 40 TFSI last week. Was 'advised' it could take 27 weeks to build/deliver. I thought the dealer was just being cautious in setting my expectations, but read the above threads I'll even be lucky at 27 weeks!!!!! Just as well I'm not in a hurry for it

I also ordered my A4 40 TFSI S Line Avant in District Green with Tech Pack last week. Was also told around Feb/March but I wouldn't be surprised if it did slip further. My current car is a Cupra Formentor ordered in May 21 for expected delivery in October 21. Didn't end up arriving till March 22 😞

Edited by Splosho
Forgot a statement

OK so now have registration number and car is scheduled for delivery on the 20 September - super excited 😁

Best of all its not subject to the luxury car tax which was my fear as the following the price rises a couple of months ago it pushed cost over £40k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stufos said:

OK so now have registration number and car is scheduled for delivery on the 20 September - super excited 😁

Best of all its not subject to the luxury car tax which was my fear as the following the price rises a couple of months ago it pushed cost over £40k

That’s great to hear. I’m currently tracking two Ro Ro’s, the Schelde Highway and the Thames Highway which both docked in Grimsby this afternoon from Emden hoping my car is on one of them, if not already here like yours was. Mine is coming from Lincoln Audi so hoping it gets to them pretty quick being just down the road from Grimsby 🤞🤞🤞 

Unfortunately going to get stuffed with the ’luxury car tax which is daylight robbery.😡😡😡

Edited by PG220

12 hours ago, PG220 said:

That’s great to hear. I’m currently tracking two Ro Ro’s, the Schelde Highway and the Thames Highway which both docked in Grimsby this afternoon from Emden hoping my car is on one of them, if not already here like yours was. Mine is coming from Lincoln Audi so hoping it gets to them pretty quick being just down the road from Grimsby 🤞🤞🤞 

Unfortunately going to get stuffed with the ’luxury car tax which is daylight robbery.😡😡😡

Mine is coming from Licoln Audi have you got it through motorsource/forces direct as well

5 minutes ago, stufos said:

Mine is coming from Licoln Audi have you got it through motorsource/forces direct as well

Yes I did, best deal I’ve ever had 👍
What options were you given for delivery / collection?

Edited by PG220

Yep excellent discounts couldn't be match by anyone else. For delivery it is being trailered down to me and this is included in the price. I did consider picking it up but at over 200 miles away it was easier for delivery. Delivery is only Mon-Fri but think they will deliver to home or work. I am having mine delivered to home and my wife will sign for it which they were happy with.

12 minutes ago, stufos said:

Yep excellent discounts couldn't be match by anyone else. For delivery it is being trailered down to me and this is included in the price. I did consider picking it up but at over 200 miles away it was easier for delivery. Delivery is only Mon-Fri but think they will deliver to home or work. I am having mine delivered to home and my wife will sign for it which they were happy with.

That’s good that there is the option of collection. I know delivery is included but I need it ASAP so collection might work better for me time wise and it’s not that far for us. Make a day out out of it🤞

Mine was at Emden first week of August and as of yesterday afternoon it was still there, so nearly seven weeks 😡 

The supplying dealer, Lincoln Audi update the broker every Friday afternoon but I’m told sometimes that doesn’t come through until after they close so don’t know if mine made it on one of the two ferries that came in earlier this week.

2 hours ago, Le2266 said:

Just spoke to audi coventry who have stated still in transit, however i tweeted audi uk and theyve told me its at the port, who knows 😫

What details are you providing Audi UK for the update? is it your order No or VIN or something else and who’s update is the most reliable.

19 hours ago, Le2266 said:

Just spoke to audi coventry who have stated still in transit, however i tweeted audi uk and theyve told me its at the port, who knows 😫

So that could mean same thing really, it’s in transit and currently at the port.

49 minutes ago, Le2266 said:

Fingers crossed I get an update tomorrow and it turns up soon 🤞

I really hope so but don’t hold your breath, I’ve been thinking the same thing for four weeks!
As far as I can tell there have been at least four RoRo’s from Emden to Grimsby this week, two on Wednesday and two yesterday so you just never know. Does anyone know for certain if it’s only VAG that ship through Emden to the UK?

What date was your order?

I’ve got a discovery sport p300e at the minute and want to get not gone as I have thousands in equity, dealer again today giving me very vague information, ordered back in march so becoming a frustration 

9 hours ago, Le2266 said:

What date was your order?

I’ve got a discovery sport p300e at the minute and want to get not gone as I have thousands in equity, dealer again today giving me very vague information, ordered back in march so becoming a frustration 

Mine was ordered 28th May, build week 29th July and at Emden by 5th August. My mate ordered his last week in March and got it within 9 weeks! 

Interestingly he told me yesterday that he had been able to track his order online, which I know you used to be able to but I thought Audi had stopped doing this. He got his from Grimsby Audi. He did state it was a bit hit and miss as he got notified of a build date, notified it had been built, notified it was on route to the port then notified of another build date when it was actually at the dealers.

Just to clarify the details in my last post, my friend got an update every week from the supplying dealer, in his case, Grimsby Audi, which showed him what stage his car was at. This would change on the weeks where it had progressed and the relevant section highlighted exactly what stage it was at.

I’ve attached a screenshot of what this would look like. This is what it says above the screenshot

Shipping Times- updated for 2023

Below is an insight of the full shipping and build process of every Audi. You can see how many stages are left until you receive your new Audi

IMG_7946.jpeg

Edited by PG220

37 minutes ago, Le2266 said:

No update as of yet, increasingly becoming more annoying, dealer keeps telling me there’s no delays 

OK so I have just spoken to the Fleet manager at Lincoln Audi and lo and behold I’m told my car arrived at Grimsby this morning. He has given me a reg No and he was very optimistic that I’ll get it before we go on holiday on 29th 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1