Current Build Time

stufos

Just read on one of the facebook audi pages a UK customer ordered his avant 40 tfsi in grey paint six weeks ago and it was delivered today!!!! this inconsistency is just crazy

16 hours ago, JohnJohn said:

Just read on one of the facebook audi pages a UK customer ordered his avant 40 tfsi in grey paint six weeks ago and it was delivered today!!!! this inconsistency is just crazy

Absolutely crazy😱

I’ve had mine a week now and done just over a thousand miles. Very pleased with it.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, H174 said:

Well Monday is my supposed build week for an A4 I ordered on 17th April. I am yet to be convinced of this being an accurate timeline as it has slipped before. If this gets pushed back yet again I think I will have to have a serious consideration about cancelling my order. 

Well the saga continues, informed today (only after I chased up some info) that it’s still showing confirmed build week commencing 25 Sept. I did point out this was almost two weeks ago, however, as usual this seemed to go over their collective heads and I got true standard response of hurry up and wait!! 
have to say I am losing patience with the whole process and the total lack of information, clarity and inconsistencies with the whole process. How can some orders take less than 6 weeks from order to delivery and others, especially mine, are no further on from order 5 months ago? I wouldn’t mind but it a big standard SLine surely it can’t be that hard to get into build. I might go back to BMW at this rate !!!  

4 hours ago, PG220 said:

Absolutely crazy😱

I’ve had mine a week now and done just over a thousand miles. Very pleased with it.

Been a week since my arrived in Grimsby so looking like next week 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Dealer is implying that they will have the car very soon.  It has a reg number and they have sent me the link to set up MyAudi.

So I'm hoping delivery will be next week?

16 hours ago, how3 said:

Dealer is implying that they will have the car very soon.  It has a reg number and they have sent me the link to set up MyAudi.

Fingers crossed for you 

• Like 1

Hey all

Ordered my new A4 black edition 40 on 28 May 2023, initially got told a build week of 36 and delivery 5 weeks thereafter, then (4 Sep 2023) got told on 15 Sep 2023 it was on the ship on its way over. Still not here and dealer unsure. 

Any guesses on when it may turn up? Said they are waiting for it to go to a 'distribution centre' then onto them.

Also don't have VIN and dealer said they can only provide reg when it is with them?

Thanks

Joe

35 minutes ago, Joemdown said:

Hey all

Ordered my new A4 black edition 40 on 28 May 2023, initially got told a build week of 36 and delivery 5 weeks thereafter, then (4 Sep 2023) got told on 15 Sep 2023 it was on the ship on its way over. Still not here and dealer unsure. 

Any guesses on when it may turn up? Said they are waiting for it to go to a 'distribution centre' then onto them.

Also don't have VIN and dealer said they can only provide reg when it is with them?

Thanks

Joe

That's right. Dealers register the car once it arrives as it has to go through an inspection 

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

That's right. Dealers register the car once it arrives as it has to go through an inspection 

Fair enough - I saw above someone said registered in Grimsby (wasn't sure if that was at port or dealer).

Any thoughts on delivery timelines?

2 minutes ago, Joemdown said:

Fair enough - I saw above someone said registered in Grimsby (wasn't sure if that was at port or dealer).

Any thoughts on delivery timelines?

Definitely dealer. 

Lead time is about a year. 

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

Definitely dealer. 

Lead time is about a year. 

So it sounds like I've got a while to wait yet and the dealer is lying, or I'm one of the few that got lucky?

If it is truly in the UK already, surely no more than a matter of weeks?

1 minute ago, Joemdown said:

So it sounds like I've got a while to wait yet and the dealer is lying, or I'm one of the few that got lucky?

If it is truly in the UK already, surely no more than a matter of weeks?

You may have got lucky. You may have got a cancelled order car and you so happened to order the exact same spec/one that could be slightly altered as it was very early in build process 

On 10/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, how3 said:

MyAudi sent me a link to the car today so I emailed dealer and he said car is still at the port (which I guess is Grimsby) waiting to go to preparation centre.  My lease paperwork includes a VIN number and Reg number.   I'm guessing that this actually means it will take around another two weeks to get to me assuming that transporters are available to move cars?

32 minutes ago, how3 said:

MyAudi sent me a link to the car today so I emailed dealer and he said car is still at the port (which I guess is Grimsby) waiting to go to preparation centre.  My lease paperwork includes a VIN number and Reg number.   I'm guessing that this actually means it will take around another two weeks to get to me assuming that transporters are available to move cars?

What is MyAudi?

My lease paperwork doesn't include a VIN or reg - how can they give you a reg before it goes to the dealer and is registered?

I just spoke to my dealer who said the new car manager is back in on Thursday (tomorrow) and will able to tell me if the dealer has raised a purchase order for a transporter. I assume they wait until they have 5-15 cars at the prep centre and transport them all to local dealers in one hit.

Hi Joe,

I ordered my car the same day as you with specific options so not a bog standard car. At that time delivery times were being quoted at 12-14 weeks, they are now nearer 12 months. Mine was built week 29 (July29th) and was at Emden on3rd August where it apparently sat for nearly seven weeks,( which I don’t believe it did). I ordered through a broker but eventually went direct to Lincoln Audi who were supplying the car on 19th  September and they said it had just arrived that very day at Grimsby, but they provided me with a reg no at that point which makes me think they’d had it already 🤔. The next day I got a call to say it was now at the dealership and I got it delivered on 28th September.

From arrival at Grimsby they have 7-10 days to get it to the dealership and delivers to you another 7-10 days later.

if yours was shipped on 15th September you should have it by now, only thing that could be holding yours up is if it’s going to a central dealership first that is supplying lease companies rather than, as in my case, a private sale.

8 minutes ago, PG220 said:

Hi Joe,

I ordered my car the same day as you with specific options so not a bog standard car. At that time delivery times were being quoted at 12-14 weeks, they are now nearer 12 months. Mine was built week 29 (July29th) and was at Emden on3rd August where it apparently sat for nearly seven weeks,( which I don’t believe it did). I ordered through a broker but eventually went direct to Lincoln Audi who were supplying the car on 19th  September and they said it had just arrived that very day at Grimsby, but they provided me with a reg no at that point which makes me think they’d had it already 🤔. The next day I got a call to say it was now at the dealership and I got it delivered on 28th September.

From arrival at Grimsby they have 7-10 days to get it to the dealership and delivers to you another 7-10 days later.

if yours was shipped on 15th September you should have it by now, only thing that could be holding yours up is if it’s going to a central dealership first that is supplying lease companies rather than, as in my case, a private sale.

I’ll push tomorrow and see what they say, it’s a standard black edition so no extras.

Leased through Audi (VW finance) so not a bespoke lease either.

2 hours ago, Joemdown said:

What is MyAudi?

It's the Audi App linked to your car which allows you to control features from your phone.

Edited by how3

I've only been following deliveries since I ordered mine at the end of August (Black 40TFSI S line ) no extras and I've been told 27 weeks, so I have a long way to go, but am interested to read how other folks have got on. There was one guy on this thread just recently ordered a standard avant in grey and received it in six weeks, he was obvously lucky and may have received a cancelled order. i've been following the audi availability site and they have had about 8 40tfsi in blue over the last 7 weeks and currently displaying 2 in blue and one in green as being available in the next few weeks at various dealers. I have to wait, I accept that and there is nothing I can do, however what I just cannot get my head around is how a company the size of audi after seven weeks cant tell me when....even roughly my car will be built/delivered. My local dealer says 27 weeks but admit they don't really know....crazy

My dealer said on Thursday he had raised it with new cars manager to see if a PO had been raised for delivery to them but never got back to me. Hopefully will here next week.

Unfortunately it’s a hard one as I get nothing for them to do and we all seem inpatient but it’s just the lack of consistent info that is a pain - if he told me 5 months I’d leave him alone for 4 and a half!

1 hour ago, JohnJohn said:

I've only been following deliveries since I ordered mine at the end of August (Black 40TFSI S line ) no extras and I've been told 27 weeks, so I have a long way to go, but am interested to read how other folks have got on. There was one guy on this thread just recently ordered a standard avant in grey and received it in six weeks, he was obvously lucky and may have received a cancelled order. i've been following the audi availability site and they have had about 8 40tfsi in blue over the last 7 weeks and currently displaying 2 in blue and one in green as being available in the next few weeks at various dealers. I have to wait, I accept that and there is nothing I can do, however what I just cannot get my head around is how a company the size of audi after seven weeks cant tell me when....even roughly my car will be built/delivered. My local dealer says 27 weeks but admit they don't really know....crazy

I ordered mine in April A4 35TFSI SLine with no extras and I am told it has only just gone into build although they cannot confirm this. The whole situation is utterly crazy and is beyond belief, I despair. 

1 hour ago, JohnJohn said:

Not long ordered after you John as you know, got an update saying there is no update and still waiting for a date.... District Green 40TFSI S Line with Tech Pack. Found out that my supplying dealer is Swansway in Crewe, the same dealer network who supplied my current Cupra Formentor. Would have thought things might have gotten better since 2 years ago but doesn't sound like it! I just hope it isn't another 10 month wait again... good job I love my current car!

Edited by Splosho

55 minutes ago, Splosho said:

Not long ordered after you John as you know, got an update saying there is no update and still waiting for a date.... District Green 40TFSI S Line with Tech Pack. Found out that my supplying dealer is Swansway in Crewe, the same dealer network who supplied my current Cupra Formentor. Would have thought things might have gotten better since 2 years ago but doesn't sound like it! I just hope it isn't another 10 month wait again... good job I love my current car!

Wouldn't say I love my present car, but at least I have one and it is reliable. Feel sorry for the folks that desperately need it for family etc. 

• Like 1

If you look back at this thread to PG220’s helpful post on September 18 you will see he has detailed all the progress codes on the Audi production system which your dealer can access.

Ordering in early May and knowing it was a likely mid October delivery, I asked my dealer to email me a copy of the system update in August. He did and it was code 10, showing provisional build week 37 and shipping through Grimsby.  This proved correct.  So the Audi system was accurate.

In my experience of ordering a factory build car over the years, dealers can be reluctant to give one this type of information.  But if you are persistent and ask for it specifically they should let you see a copy of the manufacturer’s system output.

I was careful not to pester the dealer for information too often and knowing the build week was mid September waited until later in September to ask for another copy of Audi’s system output, this showed code 38 - the car had reached Emden.

When he asked me to sign the finance agreement last week I asked again and this time he told me that the car was at Grimsby waiting for a transporter to take it to the dealer’s prep centre so I didn’t need to see the system output.

In my case (so long as the car turns up soon!) the Audi order system has been accurate and helpful.

Edited by how3
  • Like 1

Order mine in march and picking it up tomorrow, you’ll find the major issue isn’t actually the build, it’s how long it sits at emden port waiting to get on a vehicle carrier