Current Build Time

stufos

I’ve only asked for a monthly update - and I missed one, so 4 on a £45k car I don’t think is overly intensive as an after sales care!

My car has supposedly been in the UK for weeks now, I heard the delays are Emden so just want to know what is going on with mine!

In Tenerife this week and then new job in London next week so I was pushing to complete whilst I was still working local in Essex - it’s now just going to get more difficult to arrange a pick up!

Don't want to get my hopes up, but just wondering if things were improving. I've been monitoring Audi New Car Search | Audi UK   and set the filters for 40TFSI S Line. There is usually nothing listed, or maybe 2 cars for a couple of weeks. But for the last 2 weeks, there have been two Blur and one green showing as being available and today a white one has been added. Of course it's possible these are orders that were cancelled, especially as most of them have had things added.....but I can live in hope lol

Just got sent the print screen from the system today, car is showing as status 38 indicating it’s in Emden waiting to be shipped. Interesting giving dealer explicitly told me it was here and he’s now saying 38 is in the UK so wonder if the previously snipped is outdated?

1 hour ago, Joemdown said:

Just got sent the print screen from the system today, car is showing as status 38 indicating it’s in Emden waiting to be shipped. Interesting giving dealer explicitly told me it was here and he’s now saying 38 is in the UK so wonder if the previously snipped is outdated?

It's possible the code meanings have changed, here is the list from 2010, so quite different from the 'current' one we all know about. Status 10 - your car has a rough week number
Status 20 your week no has been confirmed
Status 30 parts gathering
Status 38 - the car has been built
Status 39 - its on the train to Emden in Germany (not long now)
Status 40 - it is at UK port (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne). Yours is off to Grimsby.
Status 50 - transport to dealer
Status 70 Dealer.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:19 PM, H174 said:

Well the saga continues, informed today (only after I chased up some info) that it’s still showing confirmed build week commencing 25 Sept. I did point out this was almost two weeks ago, however, as usual this seemed to go over their collective heads and I got true standard response of hurry up and wait!! 
have to say I am losing patience with the whole process and the total lack of information, clarity and inconsistencies with the whole process. How can some orders take less than 6 weeks from order to delivery and others, especially mine, are no further on from order 5 months ago? I wouldn’t mind but it a big standard SLine surely it can’t be that hard to get into build. I might go back to BMW at this rate !!!  

Wonders never cease! 
I called the supplying dealer yesterday to be advised that they had no update on my build, after expressing my disappointment with their lack of information I stated that I would reassess my order and take a decision accordingly. Lo and behold I have just been informed that my car is built and is in fact at Emden awaiting export to the UK. Now, call me sceptical but, funny how threat of cancellation illicits this response. Only time will tell if they are being accurate or disingenuous with it. ! 

2 hours ago, JohnJohn said:

It's possible the code meanings have changed, here is the list from 2010, so quite different from the 'current' one we all know about. Status 10 - your car has a rough week number
Status 20 your week no has been confirmed
Status 30 parts gathering
Status 38 - the car has been built
Status 39 - its on the train to Emden in Germany (not long now)
Status 40 - it is at UK port (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne). Yours is off to Grimsby.
Status 50 - transport to dealer
Status 70 Dealer.

Yeah I quoted the old list in this thread at him and he only commented that 38 was in UK awaiting delivery to dealer…

On 10/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, Joemdown said:

Did you manage to find out where your car is Joe?

14 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

Did you manage to find out where your car is Joe?

Got told today it’s moved to status 40 and should be at the dealer in a week.

interesting this completely misaligns with the previously posted Audi status so maybe they have changed?

So within 5 days we have gone from no information as to if my order had gone into build, to it arrived at the port two days ago and now they tell me it’s in stock at the dealer being prepared!!!  

Edited by H174

1 hour ago, H174 said:

So within 5 days we have gone from no information as to if my order had gone into build, to it arrived at the port two days ago and now they tell me it’s in stock at the dealer being prepared!!!  

Happy days…

really seems a !Removed! show at the minute 

23 hours ago, H174 said:

That's good news Kevin, you can finally get excited about getting your car:) only another 19 weeks for me....lol maybe

1 hour ago, JohnJohn said:

That's good news Kevin, you can finally get excited about getting your car:) only another 19 weeks for me....lol maybe

Let’s hope so, seems like something is moving as finance company also been into me. Time will tell if they deliver on their promises 

39 minutes ago, H174 said:

Let’s hope so, seems like something is moving as finance company also been into me. Time will tell if they deliver on their promises 

Still had nothing from finance company

Aalso worrying em my existing lease is up 1 Nov and dealer keeps saying don’t worry lol I’m sure I have to give them a weeks notice… going to call them myself next week.

Had a call this week to say car was ready for Monday - then another call yesterday asking if I can pick it up earlier on Thursday.

A very embarrassed salesman today explaining he misread the VIN and my car would be ready Monday not Thursday as not yet arrived and could he get me a gift from the store to make up for it.

but hopefully picking up Monday 30th Oct - order date was 31 May - so 6 months

Car delivered yesterday.  Very pleased with it.

For those waiting, can I suggest it's worth getting an occasional copy of the Audi system updates from your dealer.  They both give the status code number and a brief description of the car's progress and after manufacture, the VIN number.  This worked for me and tracked the car very effectively.

Joe, I’d ask them not to register it until Wednesday 1st November, every little helps come re sale time, unless of course you’re leasing. And definitely get anything you can out of them 👍

Not if you’re leasing it won’t because you’ll hand it back at the end of the lease. Privately could mean a few hundred quid. Psychological in the mind of the buyer if it’s registered  1st November instead of 30th October

On 10/21/2023 at 8:29 PM, H174 said:

So the final twist has occurred, I thought things were going too smooth. The finance company have for no apparent reason have withdrawn the original finance offer and replaced it (with the final one so they say) with a new one.  Only problem is that the have increased the interest rate by an additional 6.3% and added a year to the term!! 
I am sure you can imagine my response to them. They can offer no explanation to this decision other than this is the dear we can do! My circumstances have changed slightly since original quotation, I have had a pay rise and that’s it. 
To say that I am annoyed after waiting since April for my car only for it to fail whilst it’s sat waiting at the dealer is an understatement. If they don’t change their stance then I will be pulling out of the deal because I am not prepared to pay an extra £10k from the original deal. Watch this space ………..

Edited by H174

25 minutes ago, PG220 said:

Wow, that’s disgraceful. Who is the finance from.

Can you take your finance business elsewhere with better rates? 

Original finance was with Evolution but they no longer deal with them and it’s now with DSG who won’t budge on the matter and I was told “that’s the deal take it or leave it” great customer service….. they are unable or are unwilling to provide a reason for decision they have taken. Seems to me they are just trying to milk more money out of the deal. To be fair the agent is trying to get answers for me, but, I am not holding out any hope of any reason being forthcoming. 

1 minute ago, H174 said:

Original finance was with Evolution but they no longer deal with them and it’s now with DSG who won’t budge on the matter and I was told “that’s the deal take it or leave it” great customer service….. they are unable or are unwilling to provide a reason for decision they have taken. Seems to me they are just trying to milk more money out of the deal. To be fair the agent is trying to get answers for me, but, I am not holding out any hope of any reason being forthcoming. 

Can you not try Audis VW finance? That’s who mines with

Are you buying the car outright or PCP. If it’s PCP have you gone through a broker and have you had to use their finance. Either way you should be able to get your finance elsewhere at a better rate, or even a personal loan.

if you are tied to that finance agreement for some reason you can legally withdraw from it as soon as you get the car but you will have to have an alternative finance package in place to pay them off. If you withdraw within 14 days you will only pay interest for the number of days you have had the car.