audi b2 coupe parts

B16dru

Hi everyone I am new to the club and I have just started restoring a 1987 audi 80 b2 coupe which my father-in-law bought in 1990 ish as a damage repairable he repaired it but never finished it and it has sat about since then so now I  am hoping to get the car done.

I  am trying to get some body parts and hoping your knowledge will help me i need to find a rear panel and also need part of the boot floor the joins onto it and also a sunroof could any of you point me in the right direction please 🙏 

Hello Andy, 

Welcome to the club forum.
This sounds an interesting project, and I guess this 3 year old car at the time of its total loss would have been in otherwise pretty good condition, and may well still be so, if it’s been carefully  stored. 
We mustn’t discount the possibility of someone on here coming up with a positive lead, but I think you need to cast your net further afield, if you haven’t already done so. 
My suggested way forward would be to advertise your wants extensively in both classic car weekly papers, and all relevant monthly publications. 
In addition, keep searching  EBay internationally, and register you wants on on-line car breaker link sites which tap into breakers current stock - a long shot, but everything is worth a try. 
Perhaps you could let us know what progress you make, and post some pre-repair photos. 
Good luck with it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth 

thanks for your reply and yes it was still really good condition but has started to go down hill hence why I really want to get this project started.

I have the engine out and stripped as far as I need to go the pistons and bores are still like new just need to clean everything up and fix a leaking exhaust valve which isn't really a big job.I am just haven't done a lot of body work but would really like to do as much as I can myself this time.

I will try and get some pics up thanks again for your reply 👍