A3 8p exhaust issue

Alexandra

Hello everyone,

I’m in a bit of a pickle with me car. Got it end of Nov last year. In Dec I had a knocking noise coming from under the car, it was loosing power and the engine light was flashing. Took it back and they told me to leave the car for a couple of days cuz they have to order some parts for it which I did. Got the car back and was absolutely fine but not long after every now and then I could smell kind of like a burning smell. Never knew where was it coming from. Beginning of June I had my first servicing and was told I have an exhaust leak (among other issues). Contacted the warranty company but they doesn’t cover that (it’s pretty useless cuz doesn’t exactly cover anything…) The garage who done my servicing said I supposed to have 2 flexi pipes under the car and one of them was replaced by a straight pipe. Looks like a hoover pipe was welded in. It’s leaking where they welded init to the old exhaust. According to them it’s a poorly made repair. I have taken the car to another garage (was advised by the warranty) and they confirmed the same. It’s a poor fix for the sake of cheap repairs. I’ve contacted the finance company as well because the car is still on finance for the other issues. They got in touch with the dealership and they’re adamant for this model I should have just 1 flexi pipe and 1 straight pipe but then the 2 garage both states I should have 2. If you look under the car it also looks like it supposed to have 2 because there’s an identical space for both and looks odd with 1 being straight piped. I’ve contacted Audi as well to confirm it but heard nothing back. 

I am a female and know pretty much nothing about cars so would be appreciated if someone who has the same car or knows more about A3s could advise?

Because it’s a poorly made job I want the dealership to take ownership of the repairs as I feel like it’s not fair on me having to fix something that they should’ve done but didn’t do properly… 

I have attached a picture to make more sense of it  

Thank you in advance!

IMG_6807.jpeg

Aleandra.

Flexible pipes are fitted because engine vibration and movement would fracture rigid pipes, which is exactly what happened to yours.

By the way, dealership warranties for secondhand cars are not worth the paper they are written on.