Window regulator AUDI Cabriolet Final Edition (1999-2000)

Jonny S

Hello Final Edition Cabriolet fans. I need a new driver's side window regulator. The part number is 895837398C. It is unavailable on all sites I've searched sites. Would an Audi A3 S3 8l 3dr window regulator do the job? Do breaker's yards exist anymore? All help gratefully received the rest of the car is OK but not useful with a permanently open driver's side window.

I have cross fitted them and have never had any problems, the very early regulators (91-93) may need tweaked a bit but nothing too complicated. They are basically the same item though the frame structure may differ slightly. Worse case scenario you can transfer the motor and cabling onto your own frame though I have never needed to do it. I’m on my fourth 80 cabriolet, and I changed regulators on three of them.

Tip! When you install your replacement regulator check you have the cables tensioned reasonably taught but not like a guitar string, they adjust where they connect to the window carrier.

Theres no magic wand here, everyday is a school day, take your time and before you dismantle anything take a photo for reference, go for it you’ll be fine!

• Like 1