Chip tuning on Audi a4 B8.5 2.0 tdi 177

NatKar

Hi All

I thinking to put chip Box on my car but hard to decide what it will be best and safest so I won't get any trouble with the car? Any opinions on certain company's who do chip box tuning?

Hello Natalia,

Not my field of expertise, but as I understand it, fitting a chip tuning box is a diluted route to the more expensive - and effective? - mapping, but of course I will bow to experienced opinion.

Incase it matters:- I had a quick look into this route for a non-Audi and decided to leave well alone, and a year on, I’m still very much undecided. 
Of course, if you do decide to ‘tune’ the car then you will need to inform your insurers, who are likely to increase your premium. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NatKar said:

Hi All

I thinking to put chip Box on my car but hard to decide what it will be best and safest so I won't get any trouble with the car? Any opinions on certain company's who do chip box tuning?

Hi all chip boxes normally work on the same principle they fool the fuel rail temp sensor in to thinking the car is running cold so the ECU tells the injection system to run richer to warm the engine quicker, the result of this is constant over fuel which will wash the cylinders and then head into the sump and contaminate the oil.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You Magnet and Stevey Y

I think in your responses I know what to do... no Chip tuning 🤣🤣🤣 

Prefer have healthy car with no future issues 

One more time Thank for Help

• Like 1