Sharing the Love

bantamdave21

Hi Everyone….

No real intent or questions with this post - just wanted to share.

Still loving my A4 tdi, just done timing belt and water pump (precautionary as didn’t know precisely last change mileage), replaced aux belt with idler & tensioner too, I have an alternator to fit but ran out of time, also did crank shaft damper in the hopes of not needing to worry about anything at the front of the engine for a while. I’m doing oil changes every 5-6k or so to hopefully help the old girls longevity.

Clutch was done a few months ago so just waiting for something to go wrong now…..hopefulyl she’ll behave a while longer…

Cheers everyone

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bantamdave21 said:

Clutch was done a few months ago

hi,did you do the clutch yourself.if yes, how big a job is it as also someone else is asking too on here.thanks stephen

Hiya,

No I took it to a garage - insisted I didn’t want the DMF changed (I knew it had only done 40k) so only cost a little over £500, which I thought was ok. I’m an ex mechanic but didn’t even consider doing it on the drive. TBH I’ve never done one on this car but it doesn’t look the most straightforward

thanks for your prompt reply.thats a good price even without changing the DMF.well thats made my mind up then.your an ex mechanic and youve had yours done at a garage.a garage it will be for me then.cheers stephen