Weird thing happened..

Rob G

Got home about two hours ago. Parked car, locked it etc. Door bell goes 10 mins ago: 

“Did you know your boot is open?” 

I haven’t had the tailgate open since Sunday. 

Now I do have the electric open / close on the tailgate and my Mrs had a Mini where you could wave your foot under the bumper and it would pop the doors open. 

Is this a feature on the Avant that I have just triggered without realising or is my car haunted 🤔😉😂

my tended to do this on my A6 it was where my keys were stored in a drawer and others thrown on top would trigger the boot open button.  Cured by storing in a Faraday box.

8 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Have you sat on the key fob? The remote boot release may have been opened. 

Strong possibility Steve. Didn’t realise the boot button would do anymore than unlock tbh, so that’s the most likely cause. 

5 minutes ago, johnA6 said:

my tended to do this on my A6 it was where my keys were stored in a drawer and others thrown on top would trigger the boot open button.  Cured by storing in a Faraday box.

Thanks John, didn’t realise the fob was so sensitive. My main gripe until now was missing the keyless entry I had on my last car. 

On 8/9/2023 at 7:45 AM, Rob G said:

Strong possibility Steve. Didn’t realise the boot button would do anymore than unlock tbh, so that’s the most likely cause. 

No probs at all. See it at work all the time lol. 

• Like 1

I've done this a few times with my Audi - normally when I stuff the keys in a pocket and the boot release button presses against something in the pocket, such as my wallet or phone.  Once, I returned to the car after an hour's shopping to find the boot wide open (with an expensive digital SLR camera inside...).

Now I hold the keys in my hand and glance back at the car until I'm way out of remote key fob range....