Front brake vibration!!

Josh1988a4

Hi everyone, I have a A4 b7 2.0tfsi Quattro 

I’m getting massive vibrations and a scuffing and squeaking sound under braking , I was told this was warped discs so I have had the front discs and pads changed out for brand new. This solved the issue with the vibration but the scuffing was still there, it’s been just over a month now and the huge vibrations have come back!

I’ve had another mechanic look at it who was amazed at the heat that was coming from the front discs, he was concerned that the wrong thickness of disc had been fitted (30mm) 

there are two sizes on euro car parts 25mm and 30mm 

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this same issue?? 

Hello and welcome Josh. 
I would want to:- 

(1) Confirm the disc to hub mating surfaces had been thoroughly ( in caps) de-rusted prior to the discs been fitted.

(2) Eliminate the caliper serviceability as a possible cause - might be the primary aggravator if the discs are heating up. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

41 minutes ago, Josh1988a4 said:

Yes mate will do 👍🏼

Hi if its both discs its probably the wrong thickness discs, if its one side only its a seized calliper so you will have to replace that and the flexible hose as they have a habit of collapsing internally and holding the piston in the calliper on and then the heat kills the calliper.

Steve.

It’s both sides mate but every sizing says 30mm, that’s what it has on at the moment.

there is only one other 25mm option on euros but that’s the only place.

pagid-30mm

brembo-30mm

ate -25mm

even Vw spec a 30mm one ….