Brake Pads

Tommym92

So the brake pad warning light has just popped up. Would anybody be able to recommend some good replacement pads? I'm never to sure about Euro Car Parts these days

Hello Thomas, 

‘ECP these days’ - ? There have always been many other motor factors who have regularly undercut ECP’s (once) discounts on so called retail prices - even their sister companies such as Car Parts 4 Less, yet they seem to be first port of call for many. 

Well worth searching eBay for best prices from reliable suppliers of your choice. 

Which brand to use? There will understandably be varying opinion on most forums. I have recently been trying Brembo to good effect on a family member’s non-Audi. 

Suppliers? Many to choose from on eBay, but I have bought a fair amount of parts from Car Parts in Motion, and found their prices to be competitive, and their overall service to be just as you would hope for (no connection, and there are others).

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

I’ve got Brembo disc and pads on my A7 found the braking smooth as anything. And got them done at half the price what Audi Leicester quoted me.

• Like 1

Appreciate the thorough advice guys! I'll definitely be shopping around in that case.

With ECP, I'd heard that even if you purchased "Brand Name", you weren't actually getting the "proper" product, maybe under license, whether this is true or not I'm not sure.

Looks like I'll give Brembo a go. One thing I've just noticed is there are differing thicknesses of pads from 16-20mm, is there a specific thickness?

Thanks Thomas,

eBay listings can be non specific, but if you contact the supplier and give them your reg. no. then they are usually able to be specific. VIN may also be required in some cases. 
Parts in Motion ( as with ECP) have a reg. input system, and are always ready to advise where there are variations. 
Although there could be varying thicknesses listed, there will only be one specific thickness for the correct one for your car. 
Happy searching.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Brembo website should help. 

• Like 1