Hey, i recently picked up a 2008 A6 estate. The car has been running immaculately well for its age and mileage. However i have recieved the dreaded EML, the code is the P0405 code. This relates to the EGR sensor. 

This is causing the ECU to not know how open or closed the egr valve is and its giving me intermittent loss of power when trying to accelerate. I am getting the car remapped to bypass the EGR, this should solve the problem, but i wanted to know wether i would also need to blank it off? 

I have the 2.0TDI 140

Thank you.

If it's being mapped out then this will stop it working so you shouldn't need to blank it. Bare in mind if you do blank it, then it would be an MOT failure if an eagle eyed MOT tester noticed. 

Make sure the remap is done properly in a rolling road so that it's tailored to your car. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

If it's being mapped out then this will stop it working so you shouldn't need to blank it. Bare in mind if you do blank it, then it would be an MOT failure if an eagle eyed MOT tester noticed. 

Make sure the remap is done properly in a rolling road so that it's tailored to your car. 

Thank you! I will update with how it goes.

Update: Car got mapped yesterday, EGR deleted and stage 1 map. My intermittent lack of power has dissapeared and the car feels brilliant to drive: so so happy with the result. No blanking plates yet, however i am getting a bit more black diesel smoke at the exhaust when the the revs get high, going to try some additive today and see if it helps.