Hybrid system problems

steviedq8

Hi audi owners,

How many of you are having problems with the mild hybrid system?

My q8 went crazy on the motorway and shut down so lucky not to cause accident.

Funny thing is I didn't even know it had this tech and to be honest didn't want it I like tried and tested which is why I don't have electric car yet.

I purchased used from audi garage and have asked for refund as I think I was miss sold the car as it doesn't state anywhere in the general advertising description that this tech is fitted.

All the other brands seem to state clearly they have mht but not audi I'm thinking they are not telling people due to all the problems in the US with this tech and audi UK are saying they are not seeing any problems with it so I thought I'd see if other audi owners are having this issue and were not told about the mhs maybe join me in seeking refund or compensation?

Thanks

Steve

Evening Steve

I'm on my second Q8 now, both were purchased new.  I've not had any problems whatsoever regarding the 48V mild hybrid system on either car. Firsts one completed 34,000 miles before it was sold and my current one has just turned over 2000 miles as I bought it in June

Could you possibly give more detail on the exact problem you are experiencing ?

Cheers

Frank

Steve

Just been having some more thoughts about your problem with the 48v mild hybrid system on you car.

This is not a criticism of you at all but can I say that I did know that all Q8's sold in the European market had the mild hybrid system and it was well documented in all the Audi literature that I read plus the many road tests and review I read before I decided to buy a Q8.

That doesn't help you of course at the moment with your particular problem, I realise that. But Audi did highlight the system as it was their way in pretending that this car was a " hybrid " in some way orform and therefore te car was " eco-friendly " ! An absolute nonsense in my opinion with a car with a V^ engine pushing out 340 bhp.

On thinking about my experencies with the system I have realsed overnight that I was being a bit disingenious with my reply to you in saying that I had never experienced a problem.

The fact is that in my previous Q8, the firts two things I did when I got in the car on start up was to disengage the lane departure system which was a !Removed! nuisance and also to switch the stop/start system off because that.....in my humble opinion.....was a pain the bum too .

It was only after about 24,000 miles and two years of ownership, I ound out that in switching off the stop/start system , I was also disengaging the mild hybrid system too. And I found out that supposedly the 48v battery could give me a few miles more MPG and a little more brake horsepower !

So, in realising I might be missing out, in the final year of ownership, I only switched off the lane departure.

In my current car which is barely 2 months old , I have not switched the stop/start system off once so I am using te 48v battery and I have had no problems.

As I think SteveQ has stated in a previous post, if you are still within the firts 30 days of ownership, you can return the car if you are unhappy with it, so then of couse I think you must do that.

Frank