Roof, again

aj1

Hiya guys and gals. When I got the car the roof worked. After a couple of days it stopped. Released itself,  went about 2 inches and that's it. I recently discharged the battery by leaving something on in the car amd needed a jump. Roof started working lovely again. Everyday for the last 5 days. Today it went down. Enjoying the sun with top down. Go to put it up again and it won't budge. Done it manually. It's been mentioned that as I don't do much mileage, the battery is straining! 

How true could this be as the battery is looking passed its best

Hello Ashton,

As with all ‘modern’ cars, a good serviceable battery is a must, so if you have suspicions that it is passed it’s best, then I would suggest getting it tested, and replaced with a good quality (min. 4 year warranty) one if found to be below par. Never buy batteries on the basis of cheapest will do. 
Will a new battery completely solve your roof issue? Unlikely, but you have to start with the basics, and supplemented with a little carefully (in caps) applied lubrication at all movement points, you may, just may find the problem has been resolved. 
If it turns out it hasn’t, then at least you will have eliminated the basics. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1