Audi Pre-sense

Francis007

May I ask a question about the Audi pre-sense system please ? Is there any way of getting into the software andturning the system off permanantly ?

May I explain my problem ? I have lived in a small cottage in Hampshire for over 40 years. I have a driveway with a narrowish turn in that has two 4ft.metal posts which frame the gate.

In over 40 years and in many cars, I have managed to turn into this gateway without once hitting the posts !!!!! Even now at my great age of75 years !

My previous Q8 had pre-sense and not once in hundreds of turn ins to my home did it ever activate.

However, on my new Q8....with pre-sense.....on every occasion I get home, it activates and slams on the brakes. I take the same angle of turn and at the same slow speed. When it firts did it, I honestly thought I had hit the far side post, such was the force of the braking !

So, I looked into the Audi owners manual and it looks as though I can turn the sensitivity of the sysstem down a bit but this only lasts on the cars cycle. As soon as you turn the engine off, it seems to revert back to max sensitivity.

It is a pain and makes you look foolish when the car slams on for no apparent reason. 

So, any ideas please in switiching it off permanently ?

Many thanks in advance

Frank 

Cheers Steve.

Just had a look at the Autologics website and it looks impressive.

Think I will get in touch to see if they can disable it permanently for me. I agree with you, dont think the Audi dealership would do anything due to EU car safety legislation.

As it's set up on my car, it truly is intrusive and in some scenarios could be downright dangerous. We are off for a month long road trip to Deutschland in October, driving up into the Bavarian Alps, then back to Lower Saxony before heading north to the Baltic coast.

I do not want this system kicking in when I dont want it to on our trip. 

Thankyou again