Epb fault one side not working driver side

davyomand

Help!!! I have an Audi a4 teknik Quattro 2012 my parking brake motor on drivers side is stuck in the off position but the rotator seems to work when I do the epb reset I can hear the motor working but it’s not engaging the piston I now have the epb fault on my error screen I’ve checked cables they seem to be fine lad seem to have loads of wear on them I already replaced the epb actuator on that side as little as 4 weeks ago 

40 minutes ago, davyomand said:

Help!!! I have an Audi a4 teknik Quattro 2012 my parking brake motor on drivers side is stuck in the off position but the rotator seems to work when I do the epb reset I can hear the motor working but it’s not engaging the piston I now have the epb fault on my error screen I’ve checked cables they seem to be fine lad seem to have loads of wear on them I already replaced the epb actuator on that side as little as 4 weeks ago 

Hi it is almost certainly the mechanical part of the calliper that is driven by the EPB motor is sheared/seized, from my understanding and professional advice it is possible to buy the calliper minus the drive motor and providing the drive motor has not been damaged that should cure it.

Steve.