Q7 trying to find paint code

son-in-law

Hi all, hoping someone can help me please.

I am repairing my father-in-laws 2008 Q7 s-line quattro front bumper, it was bad and he can't afford to replace it, so I have done the repairs with plasic weld and plastic filler.

My problem is I can't find the 'silver' paint colour code, the only sticker in the boot is not the same as those found on google searches or youtube videos, neither was it in the same place as everyone elses.

I have attached a photo of said sticker in hope that someone can advise me (please) before I pull out what is left of my hair 🙂

Thanks for reading

2023-10-0818_21_28.thumb.jpg.60f2fdaa07063a73f05ca80cb382bea8.jpg

10 minutes ago, alpha omega said:

have you opened the drivers door and looked on the panel there

There is no visible panel or stickers on any of the doors or door shuts 😞

I have looked everywhere I can think of, posting here in hope of working this out... the odd sticker is puzzling.

Also found this and tried searching all the char sequences on the sticker, none match (https://autocolor7.com/upload/files/audi.pdf)

Hi Neil, 

I would nip the bumper, or any removable part - such as fuel flap - along to (1) S. Wales Autopaints at Newport, or (2) Autopaints who were on Penarth Road I think, but not sure if they are still trading. 
A reliable alternative would be Carpaints at the Cardiff end of the Bridgend Industrial Estate, and see Dale there - he will have colour chips. 
Probably easiest from logistics point would be to find a friendly localish bodyshop. They should be able to match it via. spectro and hopefully make up an aerosol or two for you. Make sure that  whatever piece you take for matching has been rubbed back with polishing compound. 
Let us know how you get on Neil.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Great, so it was Ice Silver as I suggested Neil. 
Hope you don’t mind me mentioning, and it’s probably the photo exaggerating, but it looks as if a little more preparation maybe needed to get this into ready-to-spray finish.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1