RS5 B9 - Getting loads of errors intermittently

andyb952

I have been having some issues with my RS5 for a little while now, intermittently I will get what seems like every warning/error message appear on the dash, to name a few... Sport Differential/Auto stop start/Parking brake/steering/pre-sense/TPMS/ESC/Start system/system fault can't remember them all, but you get the point.

These will clear themselves after I drive for a bit and turn off/on the engine, they happen sometimes before the car has started, sometimes whilst driving, cold weather, hot weather, dry, wet, sensible driving, sporty driving, it doesn't really have anything in common each time it happens.

I spoke with a friend who runs his own workshop and he plugged it in to his diagnostics, there were errors all over the place, mainly things like U112100 Databus missing message or U112300 Databus error value received. I have attached a report of all the errors that he logged.

He seems to think that it may be a faulty connection somewhere which is why it's so intermittent, I have gone over a bump in the road a few times and it started breaking so kind of makes sense.

Any other ideas on this, absolutely stumped at the moment.

Thanks in advance

2023102616092231035 (1).pdf

Welcome to the Audi Owners Club !

Good to have you onboard.

Hello Andy,

Before investing in any further potentially expensive diagnostics, I would suggest you first get the battery efficiency professionally checked. A below par battery can result in numerous spurious warnings. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 3 months later...

Hi Andy,

Sorry, I can’t help as such but the suggestion from Magnet to check the battery condition is a good starting point. 

‘I recently purchased an OBDeleven scanner. A good bit of kit for some diy fault finding. Also checks the battery condition. Each error code can be linked to related forum topics direct form the app, this is a handy wee function and saves time trying to search for online content. The OBD2 is bi directional so you can run some diagnostic tests as well to help mail the faults. 

You need to be careful though, the Pro version that I have  is a very capable tool but dangerous in the wrong hands. I’m slowly building up my knowledge on coding but as I have said, if you do consider something like this, it’s fine to use to help with fault finding but be careful when connected to the ECU.