Intermittent electronic handbrake problem with no fault indi

SarahS

I have had my Audi A3 for 4 years from new (originally leased) without problem.  Two months ago the electronic handbrake would not release at a roundabout on a major A road.  Nightmare.  Worked ok again after this but happened again a month later.  Audi garage could not find a fault.  Now happened again at home.  I am frightened to drive. Audi not returning my call -they seem to think there is nothing wrong and most of the time this is correct as problem is very intermittent.  There are no fault lights or messages.  I have to use the car but I am frightened it will happen again.  Anyone got a resolution on this?

Edited by SarahS

5 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I'd recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. 

It could be an issue with the switch. 

Audi garage did test drive and  check, said not showing anything.  Do you think I should go elsewhere? Trouble is the intermittent nature.

Hello Sarah,

If it were mine, I would be searching out a trusted localish independent, and seeking advice and inspection there. Ideally, you need to find somewhere where you can talk with the actual mechanics, rather than a receptionist. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1